View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Stat Description 
Goblin Warrior

Strength-Melee damage (attack power)

Stamina-Total health

Agility-Increases dodge, parry, riposte chance, physical mitigation. Affects several rogue skills.

Dexterity-Crit chance, crit damage, proc rate, melee damage (slightly affects attack power)

Wisdom-Max MP for healer classes, healing spell power, increases magic mitigation, mana regeneration

Intelligence-Max MP for caster classes, non-healing spell power

Charisma-Affects several key bard and enchanter spells like charm and mesmerize. Expect charisma to affect several town-based skills later in development.

Last edited by SLAIN on Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:24 am
Site Admin

Hm, maybe I should make this a mouseover on the character creation screen at some point. It's mostly inline with what you'd expect, but it's not spelled out to every little detail.

Str: Melee damage (attack power)
Sta: Total health
Agi: Increases dodge, parry, riposte chance, physical mitigation. Affects several rogue skills.
Dex: Crit chance, crit damage, proc rate, melee damage (slightly affects attack power)
Wis: Max MP for healer classes, healing spell power, increases magic mitigation, mana regeneration
Int: Max MP for caster classes, non-healing spell power
Cha: Affects several key bard and enchanter spells like charm and mesmerize. Expect charisma to affect several town-based skills later in development.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:58 am
Profile WWW
Anuran Assassin

Agi should also affect Armor Rating as well. (which i think thats the same as Phy Mit just clarifying. )

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:30 am
Site Admin

Good point. That's how it worked in classic EQ. I might revisit this and make agi give different amounts of armor based on class. But for now the physical mitigation is a very similar effect in the end.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:45 am
Profile WWW
Goblin Warrior

Hmm dont remember classic having an AC modifier on agi. Will check through the sony patches.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:57 pm
Anuran Assassin

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:Stats

eq:Stats
Every character in EQ has seven primary stats, as well as AC, attack, HP, and mana. All stats can be modified by buffs, and items. Additionally, each race starts off with different levels of primary stats. The secondary stats (AC, ATK, HP, and mana) can also be modified by buffs and items, but their base values are derived from your level and primary stats.

Contents [hide]
The Primary Stats
Stat Caps
The Primary Stats

Str
Strength provides a small bonus to attack and average hit (more closer to maximum hits), and also affects how fast certain skills are learned.

Strength is one factor in determining how much damage you do with weapons and special attacks. It directly affects the amount of weight you can carry before suffering penalties. It also increases your chance to gain Offense and Bash skill points.

Tradeskills: If your strength is higher than your intelligence or wisdom, it determines how quickly you gain skill in Blacksmithing.

hStr
Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases damage done by melee attacks and improves the bonus granted to armor class while using a shield.

Sta
Stamina affects your base HP.

Stamina increases your maximum hitpoints. Different classes get more hit points per point of stamina than others. Stamina also determines your maximum air supply when you are underwater or in an airless zone.

hSta
Increases hit point pool, hit point regen, and the maximum amount of hit point regen a character can have. Also increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have.

Agi
Agility is one factor in determining your avoidance--how often NPC’s will miss when trying to hit you. It also increases your chances to gain points in some combat skills.

hAgi
Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases the chance to dodge an attack, grants a bonus to defense skill, and reduces falling damage.

Dex
Dexterity affects your chances for special melee abilities such as combat effects and critical hits. It increases your chances to gain points in most combat skills. It is also a factor in determining how much damage you do with throwing weapons and archery.

Bard Only: High dexterity decreases the chance you will miss a note while playing a song.

Tradeskills: If your dexterity is higher than your intelligence or wisdom, it determines how quickly you gain skill in Fletching and Make Poison.

hDex
Increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. Also increases damage done by ranged attacks, improves chance to successfully assassinate or headshot, and improves the chance to riposte, block, and parry incoming attacks.

Wis
Wisdom modifies the manapool of clerics, druids, shaman, rangers, and paladins, and also affects how fast certain skills are learned.

Wisdom affects your chances of gaining skill points in most skills, if it is higher than your intelligence.

Wisdom is the primary spell-casting attribute for Paladins, Rangers, Beastlords, Clerics, Shaman, and Druids. If affects how much mana these classes have, which determines how many spells they can cast before they must rest. It also determines how often a spell will fail to be cast correctly (fizzle).

hWis
Increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen a wis-based caster can have.

Int
Intelligence modifies the manapool of enchanters, necromancers, wizards, and magicians, and also affects how fast certain skills are learned.

Intelligence affects your chances of gaining skill points in most skills, if it is higher than your wisdom.

Intelligence is the primary spell-casting attribute for Shadowknights, Bards, Wizards, Enchanters, Necromancers, and Magicians. It affects how much mana these classes have, which determines how many spells they can cast before they must rest. For all except bards, it also determines how often a spell will fail to cast correctly (fizzle).

hInt
Increases mana pool, mana regen, and the maximum amount of mana regen an int-based caster can have. It requires +25 heroic intel to gain a single point of +mana regeneration.

Cha
Charisma affects how much merchants will charge you for their wares. It also affects the chances for charm, memory blur, mesmerization, and divine intervention spell effects to work.

Bard only: High charisma decreases the chance you will miss a note while playing a song.

hCha
Improves reaction rolls with some NPCs and increases the amount of faction you gain or lose when faction is adjusted. (Parsing doesn't show any faction changes differences).
Stat Caps
Maxing Out Your Stats

255 is the cap for all stats until you reach level 60. From there, the caps increase by 5 per level:

61 - 260
62 - 265
63 - 270
64 - 275
65 - 280 - Wis (for Priests)
66 - 285 - 290
67 - 290 - 300
68 - 295 - 310
69 - 300 - 320
70 - 305 - 330
71 - 310 - 340
72 - 315 - 350
73 - 320 - 360
74 - 325 - 370
75 - 330 - 380
80 - 355 - 430
85 - 380 - 480
90 - 405 - 530
95 - 430 - 580
100 - 455 - 630

In addition to these innate cap increases, you can purchase alternate abilities that raise your cap:

Planar Power AA (was PoP tab, now General) = +5 to all stat caps per level (twenty levels for increase of 100)
Casting classes also get this AA:

Innate Enlightenment (POP) = +10 to INT and WIS stat caps per level (five levels for increase of 50)
Priest classes also get this bonus:

+5 Wisdom Cap per Level above 65 (See table above)
Additionally:

Upon completing the first tier of Dragons of Norrath Progression, all stats and stat caps increase by 10.
For each point in a heroic stat, the player gains one point in the statistic and the maximum on that statistic is increased by one point. In addition, heroic stats offer benefits beyond the normal statistics.
Tribute offers stat cap options
Finally:

Planar Stats AAs increase the cap of each individual stat (Agi, Cha, Dex, Int, Sta, Str, and Wis) by 5 points per rank. Currently 35 ranks for a total of 175 points.

Total Possible Stats:

Base + AAs + DoN + Planar = 455 + 75 + 10 + 175 = 815 total possible (865 intelligence/wisdom for casting classes with Innate Enlightenment, 1040 for Wis for Priests)
A line of Shaman buffs also increase stat caps for the duration of the spells:

Wunshi's Focusing (STR/DEX) (Level 68 Shaman; must be 61 to receive) (Spell Data | Scroll Data)
1: Increase Max Hitpoints by 680
2: Increase HP when cast by 680
4: Increase STR by 85
5: Increase DEX by 85
6: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 1 is effect 'STR' and < 85
7: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 1 is effect 'DEX' and < 85
8: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'STR' and < 1085
9: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'DEX' and < 1085
10: Increase Str Cap by 85
11: Increase Dex Cap by 85

Spirit of Fortitude (STA) (Level 68 Shaman; must be 61 to receive) (Spell Data | Scroll Data)
1: Increase STA by 75
12: Increase Sta Cap by 40

After that, there are Serpent's Spine spells (note that the difference in numbers represent ranks of the spells):

Dire Focusing (STR/DEX) (Level 73 Shaman; must be level 61 to receive) (Spell Data: Rk. I | Rk. II | Rk. III)
1: Increase Max Hitpoints by 816/850/884
2: Increase HP when cast by 816/850/884
4: Increase STR by 91/93/95
5: Increase DEX by 91/93/95
6: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 1 is effect 'STR' and < 91/93/95
7: Stacking: Overwrite existing spell if slot 1 is effect 'DEX' and < 91/93/95
8: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'STR' and < 1091/1093/1095
9: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'DEX' and < 1091/1093/1095
10: Increase Str Cap by 91/93/95
11: Increase Dex Cap by 91/93/95

Note: Rank III may not exist in game.

Talisman of Persistence (STA) (Level 73 Shaman; must be level 61 to receive) (Spell Data: Rk. I | Rk. II | Rk. III)
1: Increase STA by 83/86/90
2: Increase Endurance Pool by 480/500/520
12: Increase Sta Cap by 50

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:34 pm
Goblin Warrior

Ah im thinking older eq days, that looks like a well updated explanation from my experience. But then again this isnt based off of classic so ignore me!

Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:54 am
Anuran Assassin

I played eq from Alpha, and as bard I worked hard to max my AGI because I had been informed early on that it affected ac. being a bard though you wear plate as you know we still are no warrior, so I wanted as much defense as I could get so if my selo's dropped in a swarm I would have a small chance not to be insta dead. :D I didn't play eq after luclin came out, just fyi.

Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]