View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
heeeelp 
Goblin Captain

So my monks in the high 90s now. Still looking for the best boots but am pretty happy with what I have for the moment. My DPS is .. I mean its alright, it could be better though. I have some general questions.

1) Skill haste. I know I need it, lots of it. But whats it do? I rarely need to use tiger strike for spirit so.. Whats it do?

2) Hand to hand: Should I be using fists? I've always used fists. I picked up a decent 1hb to put in the offhand for the skill mods to boost my midround kicks. I have a pretty beastly 2hb but even with the insane ratio it mega nerfs the damage of my kicks. What are the dmg/delay of maxed fists? Should I not be punching things? Im really most confused here with weapon choices. Really could use some help with it.

Thanks for the help. Love this game. Could instantly tell after 5 minutes it was EQ+Diablo and I love that.

Beasting - Enchanter

Wed May 20, 2015 7:06 am
Goblin Captain

Ok I think I figured 1) out. Skill haste = more crane kicks possible in a shorter amount of time. Is correct or no?

Still freaking lost on weapon choices v. h2h. So lost.

Beasting - Enchanter

Wed May 20, 2015 7:40 am
The Purist

There is a global cooldown between use of most of your skills (half second?). It's when your bar is darkened. Skill haste reduces that.

I found fists in primary and 1hb in the offhand to be best. The +phy you get from enhancing a blunt in the offhand will generally make for better dps than two statless fists even though they do a ton of damage.

Wed May 20, 2015 4:46 pm
Goblin Captain

Yeah that was my logic too. Every thing I could find on the forums and google involving nevergrind and monks were all swearing 2handers but even at 70+/40 it was garbage compared to fists. Feeling better about my choices thanks for the response

Beasting - Enchanter

Wed May 20, 2015 6:05 pm
Cephalid Subverter

If it helps, you can hover over the auto-attack icon on the left side of the screen while you are unarmed and see the damage and delay in seconds between attacks. Fists seem to have a high variance in damage but the average damage tends to be better than most weapons.

There are certain special case situations were a twohander is desirable - but in general I think you guys are right.

Thu May 21, 2015 1:18 am
Goblin Captain

The RT reduction on windmill kick doesn't seem to be working. Still getting 24 seconds on it.

Maybe with that it wont be such a huge hurt on the boots, but yeah still ring or necklace would be awesome. But what would be more awesome? Shoulders. I cant get any love on melee DPS shoulders, still using yellow crap there.

Thanks Cuddles for the protip of hovering the mouse of the autoattack icon. Thats actually been super useful to know. Yeah I collected the Friar's set. Its so rough though. So many sidegrades instead of straight upgrades.
Idk, maybe I've just reached caps on hastes and dipped too far below the strength cap but most pieces seem to be pretty bad choices to wear. Still working on regearing and trying things dropping haste for more strength.

Are stat caps 255? or 305? or scale with level to 99? Im confused on caps in general. Stat, haste, fists.. probably other things I am forgetting.

Beasting - Enchanter

Thu May 28, 2015 4:05 am
The Purist

No caps that I'm aware of on stats. Hand to hand caps at.. 350 ish? Haste doesn't technically have a cap but has diminishing returns that creates a pseudo cap.

Thu May 28, 2015 5:08 am
Orc Centurion

i have found that using a 1hb in the secondary hand seems to work best for me.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:40 am
Goblin Captain

Most definitely. Until I got the level 66 1hb I was using piercers. Crap offhand dps but the stats made up for it.

Beasting - Enchanter

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:43 am
Orc Centurion

the 68 1hb is awesome but wish it had some exp gain magic find or even some life leach on it its funny i thought there might be a few different 1hbs for each level but i have gotten that same 1hb for level 68 like 9 times.

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:53 am
Goblin Captain

I think I've only seen the 68 1hb once. Its garbage for monk. 66 one is much better but still leaves a lot to be desired.

Beasting - Enchanter

Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:58 am
The Veteran

Haven't found the lvl 66 or 68 1h blunt yet, my Monk is using the lvl56 Cane of Harmony; it seems ok, has +exp, magic find, skill haste and some other nice stats.

Hall of the dead:
DRIZZT - lvl 79 Dark Elf Wizard
Simona - lvl 74 Dark Elf Wizard

Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:11 am
Deathly Harbinger

I think currently Fists of Qiromir is actually BiS. I honestly think stat-wise though that Stone Crusher is the next best thing. Has insane Str and Crit/Phys mods.

Revenant Snugglepuppy Cuddlekitten
Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:24 am
Goblin Captain

Not much of a fan of magic find, personally. And haste is about the most important thing in the world until you hit the wall.. Even then it seems to come a real close second to strength. Phys mods seem to barely help

Beasting - Enchanter

Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]