View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
I like the game so far. 
Site Admin

It would be a one-time enchantment. No rerolls! :twisted:

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
Goblin Warrior

I like that :D

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:26 pm
Site Admin

Upside of this is it would add intrigue and variation to unique/sets at the future auction house/trade depot whatever I add.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Goblin Warrior

Yes, every item will be unique. But for auction house to happen we need reliable gold sinks(otherwise items costing billions), i'm not sure if enchanting is enough, could use something else... I'm out of ideas though.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:34 pm
Site Admin

I think crafting and enchantments would go a long way toward sinking gold.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Goblin Warrior

True, can't wait for crafting system, hope it gets nicely done!

Erm wait, what stops people from making 5 bot accounts that farm gold on lower levels infinitely and inflate economy?
The closest bot protection i can think off is making auction house available at near max level and to need to upgrade it with gold. But that only gives you some time to ban them, we should have something that stops them altogether..

Last edited by robertx32 on Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:39 pm
The Legend

Why even worry about a gold sink? We all know the defacto currency for this game will be Magnate's Curios.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:44 pm
Site Admin

robertx32 wrote:
True, can't wait for crafting system, hope it gets nicely done!

Erm wait, what stops people from making 5 bot accounts that farm gold on lower levels infinitely and inflate economy?
The closest bot protection i can think off is making auction house available at near max level and to need to upgrade it with gold. But that only gives you some time to ban them, we should have something that stops them altogether..

Um, here at Neverworks Games, we have patented, state-of-the-art anti-bot technology.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Goblin Warrior

Nevermind, you can always just use crystals as auction currency xD With low level gear bot farming will not be able to get any high selling items so only players who actively play or have some amazing bots can do it.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:52 pm
Gnoll Commander

Anti bot measures? Once every 6 to 12 hours you enter a captcha. Pay a one time fee/have paid for any kind of crystals to remove captcha.

I don't think that's overly invasive and it makes it so bots either must be watched or turn into poop.

Hell, you could even serve captcha only to those who have non-stop been pulling for hours at a time in one zone.

This may impact certain legitimate players, but I think it would be minor enough to not impact most people.

Without developing advanced anti-botting measures, I think this might be a satisfactory work around, if bots become a large problem.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:39 pm
Orc Warlord

I bought $20 worth of crystals and expanded some bank tabs & character slots. I support games I like, even if they're free.

I gave Wizard a test drive, and I gotta say they're OP as ****! Allow me to explain in detail. My Wizard, Regulus can oneshot mobs in act 4 normal with a single cast of charged bolts when mirror images is up with the gear and point setup I got. We're talking upwards of 7k damage for a spell that has a 4 sec cooldown. Now that's just one spell, and I got a bunch more I can chain together and make, lets say 30k HP get eliminated VERY easily. I can stack damage buffs like 2nd wind + harness ether and have freeze or glacial spike on a target and hit for insane damage. Which is what I've done for boss fights. A fight I had a very hard time with on my Shadow Knight, prince Kerpple (kept spawning with x2 spell spammers) I annihilated with my Wizard. He may as well have been a normal mob.

I guess the proper definition of the setup I went with would be a lighting crit wizard. I do plan to max out the entire lightning tree, and with the points left, get 20 in Vizier's shielding, then throw the left over points in ice bolt (static bolt).

Also, another OP setup is getting the cooldown reduction for ice spells, allowing glacial spike to be a 7.5 sec cast, and its duration is 7 secs! Between that and mirror images up, and the damage potential, you can clear groups out easily while rarely taking damage. I died twice with my Wizard, and both deaths were before I got to level 10. If I was gonna make a HC wizard, I'd go with ice so I can keep mobs frozen with glacial spike. The ones who think Shadow Knight is OP probably haven't tried Wizard yet. DPS wise, my Wizard craps all over my SK while being 20 levels lower with a comparable gear setup.

Roarak - Warrior level 99
Megidos - Necromancer level 99
Rykros - Magician level 98
Kuldera - Druid level 98
ProphetMuhammad - Cleric level 98

Last edited by crimsonchaos on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:58 am
Goblin Warrior

Try chaining in last level of hell, i dare you :P

It's easy when you get mobs you can 1 shot, but as soon as an elite mob with double lighning resistance shows up.. You're dead. Wizards can't chain for crap, you either run out of health or mana or just get stunned until you die.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:10 am
Orc Warlord

robertx32 wrote:
Try chaining in last level of hell, i dare you :P

It's easy when you get mobs you can 1 shot, but as soon as an elite mob with double lighning resistance shows up.. You're dead. Wizards can't chain for crap, you either run out of health or mana or just get stunned until you die.

If I run into issues with my current setup, I got an alternative one that would have better survivability. I haven't been stunned when mirror images is up, so I've either been really lucky or mirror images absorbs the stun hit.

But you're technically right about Wizard doing long chains, at some point your mana pool runs out. Shadow Knight, although less damage can have a sustainable health and mana pool to allow chains up to 30+. So for grinding drops, Shadow Knight is superior. But if you're doing boss runs for drops, Wizard might be better though.

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:19 am
Orc Warlord

The oneshotting continues into nightmare mode. Doing 15k+ with charged bolts with just Mirror images up. Not bad at all for a 4 sec cooldown :lol: . Dusty werewolves have 15600 HP in nightmare, and I'm busy oneshotting them.

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:53 pm
Site Admin

Charged Bolts has been OP for a while. It will probably get reined in a bit, but it'll still be good.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Goblin Warrior

Um sure but chaining gets you killed usually, it's easy as long as you go 1 by 1. Reason is, you lose your mirror damage when chaining mobs unless you try stun every one of them but that's impossible, elites are resistant to freeze and some mobs that spawn instantly attack so you lose mirror stacks. And the only defensive skill that prevents all dmg is on a huge cooldown, if you use it, you are easily killed by any elite that you can't kill fast. Like the magic resistant, lighnihg, cold resistant ones. It's also fairly easy to instant kill yourself when they activate iron maiden, which i'm trying to train to act to. Maybe my build sucks though.

Edit: oh shet bolts gonna get nerfed o_o Buff ice then :D

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:01 pm
Site Admin

It has been OP ever since I made every bolt a guaranteed hit. Previously they just flew off and hit nothing sometimes. I'll probably just make their damage spread wider.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:03 pm
Profile WWW
Orc Warlord

robertx32 wrote:
It's also fairly easy to instant kill yourself when they activate iron maiden, which i'm trying to train to act to. Maybe my build sucks though.

What I do is wait a sec to see what the boss mob/elite is going to do, if they got Iron Maiden, they typically throw it up ASAP, and it has a yellow colored symbol. I take that few secs to activate some buffs. Spells that only hit once are more effective vs Iron maiden. But hitting Iron Maiden = oneshot.

I think Ice comet is a bit on the crummy side compared to Meteor or Chain Lightning. It could be a little better, like maybe make it at least hit all targets the same way Meteor does.

Maelfyn wrote:
It has been OP ever since I made every bolt a guaranteed hit. Previously they just flew off and hit nothing sometimes. I'll probably just make their damage spread wider.

Does each of the 5 mirror images mimic the cast, or does it just mimic the cast one time?

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:45 pm
Orc Warlord

Just beat hell mode for the first time. Did it with a Level 92 Wizard: http://nevergrind.com/nevergrounds/inde ... er=Regulus

Found some nice equipment to gear out my rogue, so he's probably next.

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:26 pm
The Artificer

Maelfyn wrote:
Um, here at Neverworks Games, we have patented, state-of-the-art anti-bot technology.

isn't there a Tyen bot towards the top of the leaderboard? =p

http://nevergrind.com/nevergrounds/inde ... YENBOTSFOH

i mean i guess it might not be a bot, or might even not actually be Tyen. but it looks like a Tyen bot to me. =p

Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:21 am
Orc Warlord

Are legendaries on the drop tables? I noticed a few people got em. There are also these armors that are green like set items, but they aren't listed as a set, but they appear to be legendary tier.

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:28 am
Deathly Harbinger

Kickstarter contributors of some level got legendary items. WTB C:

Revenant Snugglepuppy Cuddlekitten
Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:51 am