View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
New set thread 
Deathly Harbinger

Status reductions are so huge man. I was actually having issues with stuns but the last few upgrades I've gotten have had a ton of status reduction and I'm up to 80% for stuns. Feels like the stun only lasts a split second. Super nice ;)

Revenant Snugglepuppy Cuddlekitten
Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:06 pm
The Purist

I don't know how you people even play without max or close to max stun reduction. Enemies seemingly bash at random and stun locks are real.

Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:49 pm
Deathly Harbinger

I did it very carefully before now. Besides the new Anuran rare in Nimgaul, no mobs in the first quest set stun at all so that's where I did the majority of my farming.

Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:53 pm
Deathly Harbinger

These seem pretty sick for rogue.

Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:01 am
Orc Centurion

monk full set bonus. the life leech is not bad on the bonus but still no attack haste on the set kinda makes it pointless to use the stuff. the stun to flying kick is also kinda meh. the timer reduction on windmill kick on the friar set was much much better. i was actually hoping for a timer reduction on Chakra blast personally.

Attachments:
full set bonus monk.jpg
full set bonus monk.jpg [ 77.37 KiB | Viewed 5758 times ]

Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:33 pm
Deathly Harbinger

The Flying kick stun is meh but that 50 life leech is nuts and the phys damage isn't too bad either.

Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:18 pm
Deathly Harbinger

Still think a sick bonus would be +armor to the boots that would make them BiS when you're wearing the full set ;)

Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:33 pm
Deathly Harbinger

Also, while we're on the subject of this set, I think you're emphasizing the Attack Haste a little too much. While Attack haste is definitely good, it's not be all end all and I don't think it's a weak spot in this set. The low armor on the boots is by far more impactful on your DPS as a monk and a much larger issue. Also, you give far too little credit to Skill Haste. While it also isn't a priority, it has some strong uses, such as when you're on a boss pull and you want to do your full Cooldown Rotation it allows you get get through each ability faster and then, when you have all of them running you usually actually ARE spirit capped at which point skill haste allows you to waste less spirit while also allowing you to get at least 1 or 2 extra Crane Kicks out during the duration of Eagle Strike's crit buff. Just my 2c.

Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:44 pm
Cephalid Subverter

Are the final set bonuses in? I thought we were waiting for them to get turned on still.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:58 pm
Site Admin

No. Been pretty busy the last few days and that drag and drop lag bug drained a lot of my time last night.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Orc Centurion

Hentaihero wrote:
Also, while we're on the subject of this set, I think you're emphasizing the Attack Haste a little too much. While Attack haste is definitely good, it's not be all end all and I don't think it's a weak spot in this set. The low armor on the boots is by far more impactful on your DPS as a monk and a much larger issue. Also, you give far too little credit to Skill Haste. While it also isn't a priority, it has some strong uses, such as when you're on a boss pull and you want to do your full Cooldown Rotation it allows you get get through each ability faster and then, when you have all of them running you usually actually ARE spirit capped at which point skill haste allows you to waste less spirit while also allowing you to get at least 1 or 2 extra Crane Kicks out during the duration of Eagle Strike's crit buff. Just my 2c.

I agree the lower armor on the boots it defiantly makes a bigger impaction to our DPS. I would love to see the boots finish out at some where between 230 to 240 armor value personally. how ever we can agree to disagree on the value of attack haste and skill haste. I am fully aware of the effects of skill haste and sadly the returns of it are so minor its almost as if its none existent. Now if skill haste was a timer reduction mechanic to skill timer cooldown's then I would be all over it and agree with you 100%. As it is now with 60 skill haste it shaves off a 1 tenth of a second ( just a rough estimate because I lack the ability to time it exactly) between being able to use a skill to the next. the reality is the only two skills it is remotely effective with is tiger strike and crane kick due to no skill timer cooldown. of them two skills crane kick is the only skill of the two worth while and even though you might be able to chain two or three of them skills a hair quicker you're more then likely still waiting for your spirit to raise up or timers of other skills. so yes I definitely emphasize attack haste over skill haste simply because it is constantly recovering spirit. Now I am not sure how you play, but I know I am never full of spirit most the time I am running around 20% to 60% spirit or waiting for spirit to raise up. so definitely bring on the attack haste.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:50 pm
Deathly Harbinger

I prefer to let my rankings speak for me on the subject.

Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:53 pm
Cephalid Subverter

I really like the skill haste on my monk too. When you're spirit-capped, attack haste doesn't do you any good, since all haste is doing is giving you spirit for your kicks. Skill haste lets you dump spirit faster on kicks, and more kicks equals more healing. Everybody is a winner!

Edit to add: I'm spirit capped when using the 2 spirit regen cool downs. And I use those when I want to knock down an elite or to heal up. Outside of that I'm pooling spirit and dumping it.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:04 pm
Site Admin

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:11 pm
Profile WWW
Cephalid Subverter

Hentaihero wrote:
I prefer to let my rankings speak for me on the subject.

Lol, what a dick move. I love it.

Anywho, attack haste is amazing but its fairly easy to max out with out really trying. So in the really high levels I would agree skill haste is better. Once you have a 1 second attack rate and decent crit rate, you start shopping for ways to dump spirit faster. If you have more spirit than you can spend, then a 20% skill speed increase is nearly a 20% dps boost (and by extension a 20% healing boost on the 60% uptime that cobra strike has)

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:30 pm
Orc Centurion

speaking of timers and such is there a reason why there is a 2 second timer that randomly appears on the pull next monster after a monster dies? I can understand the timer after the pulling of a monster but after a monsters death it just don't make sense.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:34 pm
Goblin Captain

attack haste is a huge factor in kick damage. set bonus sucks ;x

Beasting - Enchanter

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:37 pm
Goblin Captain

I mean boot armor > attack haste. But attack haste is about tied with crit/crit damage in my book at least.

1) attack haste influences kick damage (way more than youd think)
2) we need a lot to make our offhand the same ratio as our fist

Beasting - Enchanter

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:39 pm
Orc Centurion

beaster wrote:
I mean boot armor > attack haste. But attack haste is about tied with crit/crit damage in my book at least.

1) attack haste influences kick damage (way more than youd think)
2) we need a lot to make our offhand the same ratio as our fist

Yep more so if you use a good 1hb in off hand to boost damage further.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:53 pm
Site Admin

speaking of timers and such is there a reason why there is a 2 second timer that randomly appears on the pull next monster after a monster dies? I can understand the timer after the pulling of a monster but after a monsters death it just don't make sense.

Partly due to the somewhat lame design. I designed the core of the game when I barely knew how to maek webnet.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Orc Centurion

Maelfyn wrote:

Partly due to the somewhat lame design. I designed the core of the game when I barely knew how to maek webnet.

oh so it technically isn't intended to be that way?

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:17 pm
Skeleton

Speaking of "letting your ranking do the talking" - would it be possible to increase mob difficulty gradually as chain length increases? That way combo pts could be a real measuring stick for players at high levels.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:41 pm
Site Admin

I think that's a cool idea shaqti... like mob level could increase as the chain continues. Could be a fun idea... maybe!

Avatar: If I had unlimited time, it would be designed very differently. That button only has a cooldown to allow time for stuff like... mob fading in/out, resetting everything, giving dots time register stopping. Lots of stupid things that I'd design differently, but it would take a lot of time to address for something that's so minor.

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:51 pm
Profile WWW
Cephalid Subverter

This thread now being a min/max debate for monks leads me to believe monks are fine and we're ready for other classes to see some buffs! Let's go, Battle Mage :mrgreen:

Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:14 pm
Goblin Captain

Tezl wrote:
This thread now being a min/max debate for monks leads me to believe monks are fine and we're ready for other classes to see some buffs! Let's go, Battle Mage :mrgreen:

Yes

Beasting - Enchanter

Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next