View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 8:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Some interesting development tidbits 7/11 
Site Admin

Some tidbits that will be in the next update:

• Monks can only wear cloth now, but they receive a 220% bonus from equipped armor.
• Items can now provide the following attributes: reduced fear duration, reduced stun duration, increased weapon attack speed, enhanced weapon damage, and reduced weight (armor). There is also one additional secret attribute.
• Exact successful run chance is indicated on the tooltip.
• The character select screen now indicates each class's preferred armor choice.
• Any class can equip any armor, but it will slow down all spellcasting and global cooldowns if it exceeds your class's preferred armor choice. The penalty increases in a non-linear fashion. Leather will apply a slight penalty, about 3%, to cloth wearers per piece. However, plate will apply a severe penalty, about 12%, to cloth wearers per piece. Note that different pieces apply different penalties. For example chest and helmets apply a much larger penalty than belts and gloves. A cloth-wearer would incur a 96% spell cast time penalty in full plate (8 possible pieces x an average of 12% penalty). Thus a 2.000 second cast time would become a 3.920 cast time. This same principle applies to global skill cooldowns for melee.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:47 am
Profile WWW
Anuran Assassin

Sounds cool, so are we going to start seeing drops?

Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:59 pm
Cephalid Subverter

I just wanted to come on the boards and let you know that I'm a fresh player of the game (which does indeed give a good EQ fix!). I just started last week and read about itemization, so once you get items dropping I'll be all over it again. :D Let me know if you need any help!

Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:18 pm
Site Admin

Cool! Welcome aboard. It's an exciting time since items are about to implemented for the first time after more than 10 months of development.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]