View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 3:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Potions? 
Cephalid Subverter

I think potions could be a good way to spend cash! Healing, mana and maybe even buff potions would give the game an extra dimension - make them rare/expensive enough not to trivialize stuff, but useful enough to not just waste inventory space.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:30 pm
Site Admin

Maybe, but probably not. I have never really liked consumables as part of the gameplay, personally. I do have other things planned for gold :)

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Anuran Assassin

Potions would make necro's unstoppable. I mean at 43 with all cloth gear before the rare, and unique updates, was pulling 4 to 8 combo's with mass fear, life tap every 30 seconds, 4 dots, and then the aoe boom spell for each death. Potions if put in the game would have to be Melee only, because all the casters naked can pull chains like no ones business, especially the enchanter(charm kiting). Shaman is another crazy one, and I'm sure the cleric and the druid are the same.

Warriors are still my hate to love class, because I know that the grind sux, and you will have more deaths with a warrior then any other until you get the levels/skills/gear. But I know at 50 they will be chaining just as good as everyone else, with the huge hp, stamina goes up faster with more mobs hitting you, and so on. That said a heal pot would make that grind so much less a pain.

I'm trying to level all the caster classes to 50 without a single death, and a warrior with as little deaths as I can LOL.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:38 pm
Site Admin

No deaths? Whoa time to turn up the difficulty ;) Just kidding, but I do have some plans that will make life more difficult. Champion versions of all mobs :D

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:02 pm
Profile WWW
Anuran Assassin

Please bring on the champions :D as in my other post, I think once the champions are in, you could centralize everquest based loot to zones, and make us have to farm the zone for the loot.

Side note GBS droped in Qeynos Hills, if you did make it zone specific, I think since the mob who dropped it was level 22 it should drop in West Karana.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:25 pm
Anuran Assassin

Lol Explorer Version is hard mode :D

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:15 pm
The Artificer

Cords wrote:
Side note GBS droped in Qeynos Hills, if you did make it zone specific, I think since the mob who dropped it was level 22 it should drop in West Karana.

Pyzjn was only like level 14. the hard part with her was just getting her to spawn.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 pm
Anuran Assassin

I knew she wasn't to high level, I know I camped those skellies for 30+ hours to get her to drop it.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:48 pm
Site Admin

pharmakos wrote:
Cords wrote:

Pyzjn was only like level 14. the hard part with her was just getting her to spawn.

As much as I played Everquest, I never in my life saw Pyzjn. Actually, maybe one time, but I think I didn't know who she was at the moment.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Anuran Assassin

It was one of those camps you went back to in your 20's or 30's and just sat there for 30 + hours if you weren't lucky

Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]