View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Class discussion: Positives and negatives. 
Anuran Assassin

Bard: Is my favorite class. You have to work to keep all your songs going, but it makes it allot of fun.

Cleric: The most powerful class I've played, though you kill slow until you get more then 40% haste items. My cleric is 22, so you have 3 dd's 1 stun, so you always keep 2 mobs up, 1 that your fighting, the other that is generating mana for you with martyr's blessing. your heal is on a nice timeline, plus you have invulnerability for 180 dmg. I have chained up 150 times, with a full mana bar, and between 20 to 100% mana.

Necro: do I have to say anything more? really one of the most dominating classes I've played. The chains are not as high because there is no lich... Maelynn this needs to be added to this class No doubt.

Wizard: if you have the gear is one of my favorite classes, since they are only as strong as their Stam gear, and mana pool. I started a video series on wizard, but going to remake on Explorer just because its a better browser for me, as I play off line.

Working on a shaman now, which I love, and going to start a rogue now that I have some nice weapons.. Let me know your favorites. Pro's Con's

Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:06 pm
Goblin Warrior

Well so far i've only dwelled into one class up to about level 15ish. That was a Shadowknight. everything seems about right but im not sure i really can say much at this low a level.

The Deathstrike where it heals you based on dmg done seems weak as fluck. Healing for about 5ishhp at level 15 wasnt really worth using it seemed like

The SKs pet of course blew nuts. At level 15ish my pet was level 6 i believe. I figured maybe i needed to max my conjuration to summon higher pets, wasnt sure if thats how he had it here.

But i'll dwell a bit more into the sk before i really know how he is.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:15 pm
Anuran Assassin

I have to agree with you, but keep going you do get life tap around 20's though it is a 45 sec cool down unlike Necro 30 sec. The pet will not level any higher then what Maelfyn set it for each level. I maxed conj and had conj gear and still no change for me at least. Keep at it, I'm sure at 50 you will be killing like crazy, if you have a crazy Unique main and offhand or two-hander.

What race are you SLAIN? Just some notes on race options and what I use. Ogre is nice because he can't be stunned high dmg stam, but low int and no race ability you can activate. Trolls are the same with regen but no class based ability you can activate in battle. I went Dark elf on my SK, though you don't have the health like the other two or the str, you have a race ability that will heal you when you attack, and with the grasping frenzy it makes for an awesome combo. Just some ideas you might think about.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:27 pm
Anuran Sentinel

I have my bard up into the mid twenties. It is a lot of work, but very fun also. They're pretty frail for a plate class(which is just like they were in EQ), But have great control abilities to be able to come back from near death.

My necro is mid thirties. Very powerful class. I went Dark Elf for the extra heals when needed. I agree with Cords. The necro needs a lich spell to help with mana.

Cleric is only in the high teens. Kills slow, but steady.

Warrior is my best class. Level 50. Very strong once they get the gear to support them. All weapons and armor available to use is a plus. Have had 100+ chains. They take long, but with 4 ways to interrupt/absorb spells, two stuns, and 3 ways to heal yourself, you can just keep chugging along. Also ogre = win for stun avoidance.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:13 pm
Anuran Sentinel

I want to try all the classes, but don't have enough character slots to do so. Any way you could create another tab to make more characters?

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:26 pm
Anuran Assassin

Hey Bad, You can play nevergrind, in 3 browser types. i play in chrome, explorer, and firefox. I like explorer the best, and will only be gear grinding on explore and chrome. I expect that now your 50 on your warrior your only looting unique's? I would grind gear for what class you want to make. I used my necro to farm gear for my warrior, and just remade my warrior from an ogre to a barbarian. I also have been working on farming for my necro so that when his gear is fulling set to what I like, I move it to my wizard :D

I also plan to remake my necro once I have his full gear, so I can have a 0 death necro again.

Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:37 pm
Site Admin

Cords wrote:
Bard: Is my favorite class. You have to work to keep all your songs going, but it makes it allot of fun.

Cleric: The most powerful class I've played, though you kill slow until you get more then 40% haste items. My cleric is 22, so you have 3 dd's 1 stun, so you always keep 2 mobs up, 1 that your fighting, the other that is generating mana for you with martyr's blessing. your heal is on a nice timeline, plus you have invulnerability for 180 dmg. I have chained up 150 times, with a full mana bar, and between 20 to 100% mana.

Necro: do I have to say anything more? really one of the most dominating classes I've played. The chains are not as high because there is no lich... Maelynn this needs to be added to this class No doubt.

Wizard: if you have the gear is one of my favorite classes, since they are only as strong as their Stam gear, and mana pool. I started a video series on wizard, but going to remake on Explorer just because its a better browser for me, as I play off line.

Working on a shaman now, which I love, and going to start a rogue now that I have some nice weapons.. Let me know your favorites. Pro's Con's

I think that's an interesting analysis. Thanks for the breakdown. I kind of think Necros are actually in a good spot. They are insanely dominant 1v1, but they don't have the chain potential that other classes have. I think it would be smart game design to make different classes be better at different things. Some kill fast. Some chain better. Some are dominant 1v1. Some have great defense (think hardcore mode). I think Necros are probably fine where they are. If they had the same chain potential they'd probably be so overpowered it would be boring.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Badplayer01 wrote:
I want to try all the classes, but don't have enough character slots to do so. Any way you could create another tab to make more characters?

Highly probable future change. It would make sense to put all 14 in one browser. Plus that would be so awesome :shock:

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:53 pm
Profile WWW
Anuran Assassin

the most OP CLASS: Remade the warrior (Barbarian) and I can't stop smiling. Once you hit level 20, you cannot die, it is almost impossible. With Hemorrhage dotting those your not attacking, Furious Scorn on all spawned mobs, and Decisive blow(kill shot) kills go so fast. My health with 4 yellows never dips below 40% with triage, and avenging strike, pumping you with heals.. just loving this class, like I knew I would back when gear was implimentated. I have all Unique weapons now, And have loot set to only loot Uniques.

Gladius
1-hand slash
6dmg 30dly

3 wpn dmg
15% increased attack speed
7 sta
7 agi
6% crit dmg
-4 magic dmg taken
5 magic dmg

Stoutnail
1-hand blut

2 wpn dmg
10% increase attack speed
8 stam
4% crit dmg
-4 magic dmg taken
5 throrn dmg
7 physical dmg
6% fast skill speed

Silvery Two-hand axe
9dmg 40dly

3 wpn dmg
10% increased attack speed
16 max health
13 max mana
5 all stats
1 all skill
7 all resistance
14 cold

Pluckeye
Bow
7dmg 33dly

2 wpn dmg
15% increased attack speed
13 max health
5 agi
1 attack
2 mana per kill
4 cold dmg
5 light radius

Still working on the armor aspect.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:51 pm
Anuran Assassin

Necro note. I think your right, 1v1 they there is no way to beat them. Even champs I believe. If the champ can't hit then the necro doesn't die. That said I know where your going with this. Looking into the future when you plan to make it possible for us to do multi-player.

Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:53 pm
Skeleton

I think bond of death could use a boost to healing, even if dmg was left alone. At 31 it's healing for 10 a tick and mobs hitting for 80. it's not much more than a speedbump.

Ok, seems that was misleading. the mob i got that number from was big, Against mobs closer to my own lvl the numbers are more like 14, and 70.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:27 pm
Anuran Assassin

Yea Bond of death is nice, Dark elf is a good choice for race as it has that extra heal.

Finally got a full set of gear for my wizard minus a robe, and just did a 100+ chain from level 1 to 12.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:58 am
Goblin Warrior

Im finding it hard to keep chains on a shadowknight, this could change as i level up higher but as of now i have no way to keep my mana up high enough to keep chains going, as the Gasping Frenzy skill is giving me maybe +3 mana per attack if that at level 27.

I mean its POSSIBLE to chain dont get me wrong, but highest i've gone is like maybe 14~ i see all these 100+ and im like.. NO WAY on shadowknight. Its possible to keep it going fighting lowbie type stuff maybe but im thinking the SK def needs a boost on that mana tik for gasping frenzy.

Gonna be leveling a bit more to see if i can get higher chains.

*All of my comments are complete speculation and up for debate, change is not needed unless deemed fit.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:17 pm
Skeleton

My SK stops only when he gets bored. grasping frenzy has managed to keep my mana topped off if i don't bother with dots and only use lifetap when needed as a heal.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:24 pm
Goblin Warrior

Yeah i can manage to chain way lower level mobs then myself and ONLY lifeheal to keep it up, but fighting mobs my level its just not possible.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:29 pm
Goblin Warrior

I mean its not impossible to chain. But i still feel that the variance in what i actually use is lacking a bit. BUT still leveling so def more to go.

Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:25 pm
Anuran Assassin

Though the Ogre is an awesome sk, the Dark elf is how I went, and I only die if I stop paying attention, with the Grasping frenzy and the racial ability, plus lifetap, there is no stoping. Cleric just did a 100 chain, but that was a long drawn out fight.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:46 am
Anuran Sentinel

what level is your cleric, mines only 19. Can't do enough damage quick enough to have any chains longer than 10, i just run out of mana.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:30 am
Goblin Warrior

Yeah after getting to level 48 now i definately see a different route in terms of chaining. Basically yeah you just get low on hp and use frenzy to keep your mana back, i still feel its a bit bleh tho without being able to use your other dots and whatnot without going oom every couple casts

Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:44 pm
Anuran Assassin

Level 22, You will get martyrs soon which is gives you mana every time your hit.

Also want to play in undead zones. Like Befallen, Unrest

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:08 pm
Anuran Assassin

What is the best shield anyone has gotten? I'm just trying to see if there is anything geared more toward the warrior then

Bark Shield
10 armor

26 enhanced armor
13 max mana
15 agi
1 alteration
5% xp per kill
3 thorn
2 lighning dmg

aka ranger shield. Is the reason I duel wield my warrior now.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:33 pm
Goblin Warrior

Found a

Scute Shield

35 Armor
+45% Enhanced Armor
+18 Stamina
+4 Wisdom
+4 Piercing
+3 defense
+6 Healtlh Per Kill
+9% Faster Skill Speed

Rogue is using it for his lower levels as im sure rogues eventually get dual wield?

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:41 pm
Anuran Assassin

NICE!!!

Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:52 pm
Site Admin

Pretty nice shield. It's a perfect roll on armor, defense, and +HP per kill.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
Goblin Warrior

Ah good to know, keeeping that.

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]