View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 3:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Wiki works 
Cephalid Subverter

I'm currently helping Maelfyn fill the wiki, working on the items section! Check it out, more to come when time and energy allows. :)

Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:59 am
Cephalid Subverter

Keep in mind that a lot of my items are from before the level requirements, where it says L0 in the wiki please change if applicable!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:51 am
Site Admin

Amazing! I can show you where to find the item data in the javascript if you're interested. It's in a file called items.js. It's kind of confusing to read because it pulls in armor values from another function (base items), but it's better than nothing.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:38 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I think I'll table-fy one or two of them. I'm thinking a column with level requirement, name, and then ... I dunno. Maybe a column for each attribute. Kind of hard to table-fy items that always have different attributes. I'll think of something.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Cephalid Subverter

I was thinking of putting screenshots up under the item links!

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:06 pm
Cephalid Subverter

Started a small work on adding unique mobs, since you already had the page anyways. :D

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:29 pm
Anuran Assassin

I think screen shots of the item box, and croping a pick of the actual item would be cool.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:22 pm
Cephalid Subverter

Yep, that was my intention. Unfortunately there's no image repository at this moment, but hoping Maelfyn can provide me with the tools needed! Feel free to build further on the articles. :D

Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:54 pm
Anuran Assassin

Just made this.. What do you think

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:27 pm
Cephalid Subverter

We can have screenshots supplied from Maelfyn, but there's currently nowhere to put them on the wiki. :)

I also asked specifically not to have any "new" items supplied on the wiki by Maelfyn, I would personally prefer if we can find out on our own and he'll just help us with the flesh (images of already found stuff). :)

Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:37 pm
Site Admin

That looks pretty cool cords, but that tooltip might change with time and each unique item has dynamic values, so maybe using a screenshot isn't the best idea. Personally, I think this format would be ideal. Arreat Summit does it this way for Diablo 2 items:

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

A few more resources that will help:

- The source file that explains how every item is generated:

http://www.nevergrind.com/scripts/items.js Do a CTRL+F on function getUniqueItem

Also, possibly helpful (the image sprite). If you open this in something like GIMP or Photoshop the background will be transparent:

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I mentioned this to Drete privately, but I want to emphasize that I think all slot items should be on one page. Otherwise it will be almost impossible to compare items within a slot. Again check that Arreat Summit link for an example. Perhaps I could work on one page tonight as a template. Eh?

Reposting the example: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/uhelms.shtml

Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
Cephalid Subverter

I'm gonna start working on the Wiki again like the Arreat Summit way you want it (since I think it's a good idea). Just a few questions since it was a long time I worked with any kind of code:

item[NI].defense = ~~(1+Math.random()*2+3); <-- Should work out as 5-7?
item[NI].attack = ~~(1+Math.random()*2); <-- Should work out as 2-4?
item[NI].enhancedArmor = ~~(1+Math.random()*25+33); <-- Should work out as 58-83?

At least this is how I figure it.

Also, I think the foo variable might be the base armor value (before enhanced armor is applied) and qux is the item tier, or am I wrong? Example:

type = "cloth";
if(qux==1){ foo = ~~(1+Math.random()*4); yPos = 0; name = "Hood"; }
if(qux==2){ foo = ~~(1+Math.random()*3+3); yPos = -64; name = "Cap"; }
if(qux==3){ foo = ~~(1+Math.random()*12); yPos = -128; name = "Bandana"; }
if(qux==4){ foo = ~~(1+Math.random()*6+6); yPos = -192; name = "Diadem"; }

Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:19 am
Site Admin

I think the style is negotiable, but I think having one slot all on one page is a good idea.

So... I'll try to explain this unfactored mess of code. foo is the base armor value. There's a function that calls all of the base item attributes and this is the part for the first four helmets. yPos determines its graphics, so that's not really relevant.

What I should explain is that ~~ is a Math.floor equivalent in JavaScript (or round this value down). I used this to save some memory. So in the last example, ~~(1+Math.random()*6+6) has a range of 7-12. That's 7 plus a floored value of 6, which is a max of 5.

So why didn't I just code ~~(Math.random*6+7), you ask? At one point these were all Math.ceil, but I replaced them all with ~~(1+ to save memory. I haven't had time to go back and get rid of all the senseless 1+ everywhere.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Cephalid Subverter

I think I'm quite right then, that's how I figured it. Now for the foo and qux variables, was I correct? I could find the weapon damage/delay etc, but not sure about base armor values.

Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:34 am
Cephalid Subverter

Let me know what you think of the Monk class page on the Wiki please. Working on a suggestion for class pages!

Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:14 pm
Site Admin

Drete wrote:
Let me know what you think of the Monk class page on the Wiki please. Working on a suggestion for class pages!

Looks good. I think it would be a good idea to throw it in a table format to make it more readable. Note that energy cost often depends on your skill's level, so that varies. Have a column for level, a brief description, energy cost/gain, cooldown, spell type, etc. You'd need different columns for different classes of course.

I think trying to say the exact damage is too hard because there are too many dynamic factors (skill level, combo points, spirit level, current health). Just kind of indicate the general damage/effects in the description.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:57 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Drete wrote:
I think I'm quite right then, that's how I figured it. Now for the foo and qux variables, was I correct? I could find the weapon damage/delay etc, but not sure about base armor values.

qux normally indicates whether it's cloth, leather, chain, or plate. Helmets are the only exception because it was the first one I did so it ended up being the weirdo. foo is the base armor value, yes. Then of course enhanced armor affects it further.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:17 am
Profile WWW
Cephalid Subverter

Yeah, I've calculated with enhanced armor already, wasn't 100% sure about the base armor before though. :) With qux being armor type, it's easier.

Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]