View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
The explain EQ game mechanics to nubs and old timers thread 
Goblin Captain

I played a druid at launch and then quit just after Kunark was launched, so I have extremely fond memories of EQ vanilla. It has been many years, but I still remember acronyms like FBSS, RBB, BCB and many others. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me remember how best to gear a character.

So I was hoping to get a thread going where people could come in and ask basic questions like: What's better, 1% crit or 10 dex, and discuss how best to maximize stats, especially after we stop gaining them with levels.

My questions pertain to rangers at the moment (Dorkas is the ranger in question), and I am clearing Nightmare right now. I got Vox down on my second attempt at level 65 or 66, I can't remember, so I feel like I've done well so far.

Question 1) How do resistances actually function?
Question 1) How important is armor? Do I sacrifice armor for stats as there is some badass rogue gear.
Question 3) Is there ever a situation where using a 2H makes sense for a ranger?

I'm sure I'll have more, but I was hoping others would have questions, and we could collectively keep them here. Perhaps this is a good sounding board before stuff is put on the Wiki (which I have read, it is just currently sparse).

Sat May 03, 2014 5:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]