View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Ridiculous Outage 
Site Admin

At first I moved my audio links to the cloud:

Quote:
The OGG files in /sound folder of your account are creating too many requests to the server and utilizing heavy network/server resources, which are resulting in critical issues with the server pool. As a result, we have been forced to suspend your site, to protect services to our other customers.

In order to unsuspend it, you need to agree to take immediate action to reduce the CGI load resulting from your content. Typically, this would involve removing those files from the server, hosting them elsewhere, and embedding or linking to them from there in your account, as the resources required to stream media files such as this are not compatible with our shared hosting environment.

If you are not able to do so, you should seek an alternative hosting provider or a VPS, as it appears your site needs are no longer compatible with the shared hosting environment which we can provide. I am sorry for any resulting inconvenience.

But that apparently wasn't enough. They made me delete them:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting support.

Your account still contains a large amount of OGG files in the '/TestServer/sound' '/sound' and '/music' directories.

You have access to your files through FTP or the File Manager found in your accounts control panel.

Please get back to us when the appropriate action has been taken so that we can reevaluate the suspension of your account.

Only after I deleted all .ogg and .mp3 files did they re-enable my website. Nevermind that none of this makes any sense to me in the first place because I'm not even close to my bandwidth cap:

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]