View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
New player, couple suggestions 
Orc Centurion

Yhello!
New player here.
This might sound strange but has the dev of NG considered making it more than a part time hobby? As an old EQ fanboy I would gladly throw full price money at a game like this, reminding me of the magic that once was.
The itemization alone should serve as a good basis for other companies on how to make these types of item-based games. I´m a bit baffled I missed out on the fun for a full year but I understand it´s a property issue that has been holding it back.

A couple suggestions I wrote down as I was playing all classes to around level 10 (I haven’t played the high end or even mid game yet so take these suggestions with a grain of salt. I´ve tried to avoid using EQ-slang for the sake of the uninitiated)

1. a blinking symbol for when Bards Chords of dissonant is about to expire
2. Collective cash amount
3. Auto open inventory when opening bank
4. Low level druids needs a serious buff (preferably something that increase Mana regen, Suggestion: skin adds mana reg).
5. Could there be sections on the forum for each class? It would help finding info about particular builds, skills etc.
6. Pets heal on ding
7. In options there should be a choice to make introduction info clickable (so you have the time to read it all if you want and click it away when ready)
8. Make all racials passive
9. Feign death should always be usable (as opposed to locked down when using skills)
10. Maybe want to rename “Level 20 Bonus” at Character Statistics Skill section. (I read it as the bonus would apply at character level 20)
11. Corpse explosion shouldn’t break casting other spells
12. At login each toon should also state race (just like the current Class & level are shown) and gender. A picture of current character would help.

Regarding Enchanters
Low level enchanters feels broken. :cry: Ran a test as a somewhat twinked (well equipped) female Troll Shadowknight leveling to level 10 at 19 min. I then did the same with a heavily twinked female gnome enchanter at 3h 46 min. Maybe they catch up later but at that level they struggle a lot.
Some suggestions to improve the enchanter:

1. Charmed mobs counts as no mobs in regard to health/mana regen and when it comes to pulling mobs. I suspect this is intentionally done so enchanters (and maybe bards) can´t bring a pet to a boss encounter but it´s really the enchanter’s shtick. Without it he´s just a weak nuker. It also slows down pulling specific mobs a lot since he is prevented from spamming 1 mob at a time when a charmed mob is up.
2. Low level enchanters cannot use their dot “gasping embrace” because of mana issues. Maybe make KEI (=Mana reg spell) or similar spell available at early levels
3. mobs that lose charm stay mesmerized 1 round (i.e. Tick)

Set Items:
Magnate´s Curio have 2 different images (identical stats & names)
Samurai´s Devotion (head item) is for cloth users yet the rest of the gear is chain and implies a Ranger´s set. What gives?

Cant wait for NG to get server save. :)
Anyways, cudos to anyone involved making this game.

Peace out!

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:34 pm
Site Admin

graffen69 wrote:
This might sound strange but has the dev of NG considered making it more than a part time hobby? As an old EQ fanboy I would gladly throw full price money at a game like this, reminding me of the magic that once was.
The itemization alone should serve as a good basis for other companies on how to make these types of item-based games. I´m a bit baffled I missed out on the fun for a full year but I understand it´s a property issue that has been holding it back.

Yep, it caught more attention than I initially anticipated which prompted me to convert it into a unique property. I expect to release the new version in December. A lot of the new changes are kind of bleeding into the game in its current form, such as the new sound effects, but most of new stuff is being held for 1.0.

graffen69 wrote:
1. a blinking symbol for when Bards Chords of dissonant is about to expire

Sounds reasonable.
graffen69 wrote:
2. Collective cash amount

Yah, I agree. I'll add this to my list of things.
graffen69 wrote:
3. Auto open inventory when opening bank

Fair enough lol
graffen69 wrote:
4. Low level druids needs a serious buff (preferably something that increase Mana regen, Suggestion: skin adds mana reg).

Uh, maybe. Honestly I think they're ok... I don't care to make every classes experience exactly the same from 1-99, so I'll let this one be.
graffen69 wrote:
5. Could there be sections on the forum for each class? It would help finding info about particular builds, skills etc.

Might do something like that, but I doubt I have the traffic to justify that quite yet. It would help keep it organized, for sure. I will think about this.
graffen69 wrote:
6. Pets heal on ding

Seems reasonable to me.
graffen69 wrote:
7. In options there should be a choice to make introduction info clickable (so you have the time to read it all if you want and click it away when ready)

I'm planning to make a bit of a tutorial actually. This game is indecipherable to non-gamers. Trust me! Give it to someone that doesn't play games.
graffen69 wrote:
8. Make all racials passive

Not happenin'.
graffen69 wrote:
9. Feign death should always be usable (as opposed to locked down when using skills)

Uh, I think it's okay as it is. Maybe for Monks.
graffen69 wrote:
10. Maybe want to rename “Level 20 Bonus” at Character Statistics Skill section. (I read it as the bonus would apply at character level 20)

Done.
graffen69 wrote:
11. Corpse explosion shouldn’t break casting other spells

Oh, you mean take it off the global? Hm, maybe lol... I think it would make Necro feel less stiff, for sure. Done.
graffen69 wrote:
12. At login each toon should also state race (just like the current Class & level are shown) and gender. A picture of current character would help.

Eh, it used to have this. I thought maybe it was stuffing too much crap in there. I tinkered with the style sheets and got it looking decent. Let me know what you think next update.

graffen69 wrote:
1. Charmed mobs counts as no mobs in regard to health/mana regen and when it comes to pulling mobs. I suspect this is intentionally done so enchanters (and maybe bards) can´t bring a pet to a boss encounter but it´s really the enchanter’s shtick. Without it he´s just a weak nuker. It also slows down pulling specific mobs a lot since he is prevented from spamming 1 mob at a time when a charmed mob is up.

You can actually pull a second mob in any boss fight and charm an add. Not a perfect solution, but that's something. Charm definitely has its quirks, but it makes up for it with coolness, right? I mean come on. Go charm a frenzied, vicious, juggernaut champion in hell and tell me you're not having fun. :)
graffen69 wrote:
2. Low level enchanters cannot use their dot “gasping embrace” because of mana issues. Maybe make KEI (=Mana reg spell) or similar spell available at early levels

Gasping Embrace's spell cost was 4 times higher than intended. Fixing this.
graffen69 wrote:
3. mobs that lose charm stay mesmerized 1 round/Tick

So mobs lose charm... and then mesmerize lasts one tick? Honestly I can't say I've seen this. When I charm/break charm -> mesmerize they stay mesmerized. Hm...
graffen69 wrote:
Bishop´s faith & Magnate´s Curio rings both have 2 different images with 2 identical rings

The graphic is random for jewelry. "Unique" is a lie.
graffen69 wrote:
Samurai´s Devotion (head item) is for cloth users yet the rest of the gear is chain and implies a Ranger´s set. What gives?

Helm items in this game are just kinda irregular in a lot of ways. In any case thanks for pointing this out. I should buff the defense on it a bit.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:53 am
Profile WWW
Orc Centurion

Impressive response time/updates 8-)
Couple more things I noticed/suggest

1. Gray item “Craftmans boots” says it´s leather yet it doesn’t show up as red for a cloth user (on my Necro)
2. Mage´s Burnout should be castable while casting other spells (like using pet attack while casting)
3. Casting a new pet should remove the old (Mage)
4. Necros Detonate Soul skill rank 20 (explosion chills all target) seems to have no visible effect, at least not with Corpse Explosion. Is the explosion effect linked to some other skill/effect, like bone spirits Fire ball explosion?

Can Cleric wield sharp weapons in this game?
I´m asking cuz the Bishops set weapon is a 2h Sword.

The new graphics looks bloody awesome :D but the background color is to dark, making it really hard to distinguish items (dosen´t help that my eyesight is fail :( ).
I love this game.
Peace out!

Last edited by graffen69 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:56 pm
Site Admin

#1: It has weight reduction which drops its weight down one tier (leather to cloth).
#2: Sounds reasonable.
#3: Uh, hey, why not?
#4: Ahhhh, ok, I think I fixed this. ^.^

Clerics can't, but Paladins can use swords. It's a Paladin set. Of course anyone can wear it.

That background panel is easily redesigned. I'll consider changing it. In fact, I'm considering hiring a UI guy to do some work on stuff like the bars, windows, etc.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:30 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

One problem with that necro talent is there's no animation to indicate the frost effect. I think something like a frost nova would be appropriate.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]