View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Informal poll: How many sheckles would you pay for NG? 
Site Admin

Just looking for some general feedback. If your answer is $0 that is okay. I have been trying to monetize this game and I was curious what the general public would be willing to spend for the server-side product I have been working on.

My questions are:

1. Would you be willing to pay a recurring fee, and, if so, how much?
2. If not how much would you be willing to spend on fixed costs of goods & services?

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
Gnoll Commander

I've never been a fan of microtransactions, I honestly cannot remember the last time I've paid for anything like that. As far as recurring monthly fees go, they've fallen out of favor with me, and I haven't actually paid for a month for an MMO since... I believe... Wrath of the Lich King. I don't even subscribe to anyone on twitch and I've spend at least half my time on the internet there.

However, I'm a pretty cheap bastard and I have trouble buying anything in general that I don't absolutely need.

That said, in the current state of the game I wouldn't be against giving $5 for it and once the game improves a bit I might see myself paying upwards of $10 for it, maybe with your 1.0 patch?

I'd like to see you get something in return for the work you've put into this game and I hope more generous people than me feel the same. But I don't want the price tag to scare away any new players either, so it's hard for me to say, I'm not a business man and like I said, I'm a horrible cheap bastard. :|

Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:54 am
The Artificer

i know that there seems to be a general dislike for the free-to-play-with-microtransactions model that has gotten popular lately, but.... there is a good reason that it has gotten popular despite the *apparent* dislike for it that most people have.

i know i've discussed it with you before, but i still maintain that free-to-play w/ microtransactions would be the best model for your game, mael.

p.s. i know i've been fairly absent lately. been pretty wrapped up in EQEmulator servers lately, as well as working and attending college. this latest patch is big, though, promise i'll start up a new char and bug test it from level 1 very soon.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]