View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
New Patch Bug Finding. 
Gnoll Commander

Hey Maelfyn,

I'm loving this new patch you really outdid yourself and it's even better than I thought it would be, and it's also finally nice to get to see the particles effects since chrome runs the game so well. I've been noticing a few things in the patch, so I figured I'd put them here for you.

1: Monsters art sometimes doesn't load in for me. I have no idea what is causing this and I can't reproduce it on demand.
2: Sometimes monster art gets stuck on the screen even when they're dead. The dead art will get pushed off when a new monster fills it's spot. Or if everything is dead and a new monster is pulled it will then clear all the stuck monster art on the screen.
3: The debug mode is no longer pushing messages to my combat log at all.
4: Extremely rarely monsters seem to just give up attacking me and just stand there and wait to die.
5: The quest for Ashenflow Peak 4 doesn't activate on clearing Ashenflow Peak 3 until I reload the game.
6: Sadly the ending isn't playing for me. I tried killing Nalatos twice and both times when I click the portal that opens after he is dead, it takes me to a solid skyblue color area and says "You have entered ." and nothing happens. Luckily my UI is still up so I can leave.

And really minor things:
7: When I open my talent window, only the first tiers are colored until I mouse over one of them, then they all get colored in.
8: Is the new spot for pullmonster/autoattack/run/racial going to be moveable in the future?

If it helps at all, I'm playing an Ogre Warrior on Chrome, I have 20 points in Intrepid Might, and 18 in Enrage, with the prerequisites for them all at 1.

I'll keep my eye out for anything else. Sorry I haven't really been able to reproduce any of it, but hopefully it's helpful.

EDIT: Added 2 more things, edited "3", edited "4". On my progression from Act 3 to the end of the game, I had "4" happen a few more times.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:56 am
Site Admin

Cool, thanks... I'll address these tonight.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

#1 It's important to note which monster image and which zone. All images are preloaded in memory so you aren't attempting to download images while new mobs are appearing. It sounds like you found one that isn't getting preloaded. Can you remember which mob/zone?
#2 Sometimes a conflicting animation, like fear, will mess up the death animation, but this should never happen. Were you using a particular skill that may have been causing this? Fear is known to cause this in the past.
#3 Really? Hm... are you sure it's on? LOL I found this to be working.
#4 That's bad. Probably some kind of bug that can be isolated using debug mode. I'll keep on the lookout for this.
#5 I believe I fixed this. Good catch.
#6 Found a few probs. Believe this is fixed.
#7 Fixed
#8 Uh, maybe? I kind of liked the idea of standardizing a few UI things for simplicity, but I don't see any reason why people couldn't drag them around.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Gnoll Commander

Ohhh, ohhh. Some of this makes more sense. I went and did another Nimgaul run and this is what I found.

For the debug mode: I see why I thought it wasn't working. It doesn't send messages on chain pulling like it was before for me, only on the first out of combat pull. And in seeing this, my Canvas 3 on Warrior was up around 1160 at the end of Nimgaul. I pretty much only click Subjugate, Kick, Avenging Strike, Frenzied Rampage, Enrage and Hemorrhage. Based on the rate it was going up, I want to say it was either Subjugate, Avenging Strike, Hemorrhage, or the 20 talent bonuses from Intrepid Might or Enrage. I noticed different weapons play different animations, so if that matters, I'm dual-wielding 1h axes.
Edit: Looks like it's Hemorrhage.

For monsters art not appearing...
"an accused slattern" that appeared in the center spot. Once I stunned it with Shockwave the art appeared on screen.
"Falzitherin". I didn't try to stun him.
"a boreal spider" during the Guardian of Strife fight that appeared on center right didn't load in. I didn't try to stun him.
"a panicked anuran" far left and middle right. Stunned the far left one and it appeared.

For monsters art getting stuck...
I can't figure this out still. Sometimes it would happen with Hemorrhage on them and I wasn't even targeting or cleaving them, and other times it wouldn't. Sometimes it would happen as I was frenzying them, sometimes it wouldn't. I'll keep messing with it.

Debug mode didn't throw any errors for monster art. All the monsters kept attacking me as they should have been.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:31 pm
Site Admin

I know what caused canvas 3 to build up. The blood from hemorrhage was not getting entirely removed. Fixed now.

The mob images appear to get preloaded properly, so I'm not sure about that yet.

Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
The Artificer

okay, just started a fresh level 1 character (dark elf shadowknight because yeah you know me :P )... immediate first impression is that it should have been more obvious that i need to click on the dialogue box in order to continue. perhaps just a little blinking "click to continue" in the bottom right corner. or however you would like to phrase it.

i'll edit with more as i keep going through. looks good so far though, man.

and something to indicate that you are supposed to click on the portal. i figured it out after a few seconds obviously, but we want to make beginning as painless as possible for new players.

maybe too many orcs off the bat -- i know the first quest is to kill orcs, but going out in the wild you'd think i'd maybe see a wolf or a giant beetle or something else dangerous that i'd need to kill in order to be able to continue my main task. a tad more variety (maybe two or three other mobs during those first 14 orcs you need to kill) might hook new players a bit more.

also, i had pulled a 15th orc before killing number 14, and the portal popped up while i was in the middle of battle. i was able to click the portal to immediately end that fight with that extra orc. idk if thats the way you want it or not.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:46 am
Gnoll Commander

I dunno when it started, but I'm no longer able to select classes in the leaderboard.

Also it says my warrior is a ranger, which is kind of funny, I thought maybe it was an old ranger I had, but it actually leveled up in the leaderboard with my warrior. (Level 67 Warrior-Ranger, Nefn) at the time of this post. I think my Firefox Shaman is also showing up as a Necromancer, not 100% sure though. This is probably because I use the same names a lot.

I imagine this will get a decent reworking sometime after server accounts are added? So I guess it's not a big deal, just thought I'd mention it in case.

I also haven't really figured out the monster art thing, but I think the invisible ones that appear when stunning them might have something to do with opacity, sometimes I'll pull some that are see-through, even their name tags and shadow. They're not even phased, I checked that first because that was my first instinct. So the completely invisible ones might have 100% opacity until I stun them.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:24 am
Site Admin

Quick update: Fixed the leaderboard class buttons.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:36 am
Profile WWW
Anuran Sentinel

Was playing my enchanter and noticed my pet would just stop attacking. It just sat there taking the occasional blow, then would attack two or three times, then go back to being a punching bag. Usually would take a couple rounds of kills to get him to attack for the couple hits.

For the upgrade item screen. Could you remove the message about failed attempts destroying you item since there is no failing anymore.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:34 pm
Site Admin

I think the enchanter bug has been fixed.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:05 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I'll probably add a lore message "click me icon" indicator tomorrow. Something simple like a bouncing triangle.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:05 am
Profile WWW
Anuran Sentinel

That popped up when I pulled Nalatos.

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 59.7 KiB | Viewed 7075 times ]
Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:16 pm
Site Admin

Did everything appear to work, though?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Skeleton

When I played Monday the 5th, my Ranger was almost done with Normal. I beat the end, then got a notification I was now Pathfinder Lorant and to continue my adventures in Nightmare.

Tried logging into Nightmare and I get the "Presented by Nevergrind" and the opening credits.

After the names slowly fade in and out, the map just zooms in and out over and over. I can't stop it with spacebar, ESC, Delete, backspace, F keys, etc.

I can pop back into Normal, with the standard dark blue loading screen though.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:48 pm
Site Admin

Can't you just click through the story and enter the game???

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Skeleton

Maelfyn wrote:
Can't you just click through the story and enter the game???

Nope. I can't click to bypass ANY of it. Not the presented by Nevergrind, not any of the people's names, and not the map that never ends :)

Edit: I can click to go thru the text box's tho, that's it.

Last edited by Lorant on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:10 pm
Site Admin

Hm. Normally you should be able to hit space bar or click the lore to go through it. I'll check it out when I get home. This only happens on Nightmare?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:14 pm
Profile WWW
Skeleton

Yep, just Nightmare for him.

Oddly, my Shaman who is in Hell can reload Nightmare no problem.

So it may just be that Lorant is brand spanking new to Nightmare and it's triggering the opening sequence.

I created a new character to test, and it let me click thru it all and get into the game nice and fast.

So it's just Lorant, the Ranger atm.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:20 pm
Site Admin

It's supposed to show the intro every time you start a difficulty, so that is normal. But you should be able to click through the intro lore. It's as if you are experiencing the game from scratch. Diablo 2 does the same thing.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Anuran Sentinel

Yes, everything was fine, I was able to kill him.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:57 pm
Gnoll Commander

Whenever I block a nuke spell with "Reflect" on my Warrior I get this message:

I'm not sure if it matters, but I have 1 point in its talent.

Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:25 am
Site Admin

I managed to fix this right before I went to bed. Enjoy :)

Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:24 am
Profile WWW
Gnoll Commander

I was getting an error message whenever I tried to use the portal after a quest to get to the next area, but I didn't screenshot it. Then when I got to Highlord Szarthax and killed him, his body wasn't removed and he became a punching bag that 'died' everytime I hit him and his health went into the negatives. I wasn't gaining XP, items or quest completion for beating his dead body with a stick and that message would pop up whenever he died.

I tried reloading the page and it kept happening. So I tried reloading my browser and now my quest in the area says I've killed all the warriors/wizards but I'm not pulling any of the unique monsters to kill them.

I'm gonna try counting my kills on the giants to see if it continues when its supposed to.

EDIT: I killed 12 fire giant warriors and now I'm spam pulling without fighting and I cannot get a wizard to pull. I tried going into normal difficulty and back to nightmare and it's still only pulling Warriors while Warriors are 12/12 and Wizards are 8/8.

My character is forever a giant slayer I guess. :lol:

Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:32 pm
Site Admin

Will definitely get to this during the weekend. Taking care of a few different things tonight.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:01 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Hey Rynn. This is fixed. Thanks for notifying me about this and your patience. When you log in your quest should reset and you won't see this bug again. It was related to the new quest text animation that caused it to derail like that.

Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next