View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 5:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Kickstarter Reward Ideas? 
Site Admin

The campaign is performing better than expected, but it wouldn't hurt to ask for some reward ideas. If you guys can think of any cool rewards, I can actually add them in at any time and set a price. The legendary items are probably going to single-handedly bankroll this game. And the cupcakes. It got me to thinking ... what if I didn't think to offer legendaries? The fate of the campaign would be much different. Even if it manages to hit 4k, I would still like to take it as far as I can so that I can re-invest into the future of Nevergrind.

Btw, legendaries will definitely be an exclusive thing for quite a while. I don't plan to add them as drops any time soon. But at some point it seems inevitable.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:41 am
Profile WWW
Gnoll

I wish there were more options that aren't "P2W" (I use that lightly, but you know what I mean). Something like a unique coloring to your name if chat ever gets implemented.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:16 pm
Site Admin

I'd say the only P2W feature is really the legendary items. Though you won't even be able to use those until around level 70+. The banker & merchant are really just convenience features, but they would arguably cut some corners. I'd prefer to minimize the P2W aspects, too, but if it means keeping this project solvent then I will do what I have to do. Besides, this is a once-in-a-lifetime event for Nevergrind and will be used to keep the project funded.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Gnoll

I agree you need to make money from it and this is a good way. In no way am I trying to say otherwise. Just that when I back a game of this type it's generally for the "cosmetic" reasons and not for the gameplay items usually rewarded in this type of structure. I would like to see a ~$20 option that is maybe a forum title and something to show off in game that says "I backed this!" but doesn't effect gameplay

Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]