View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Hand to Hand weapones 
Orc Centurion

Are there any? I mean, there are claws; I assumed they would be Hand to Hand weapons but they are slashing.

Will hand to hand weapons be added to the game in the future?
What about throwing weapons?

Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:39 pm
Site Admin

Hand-to-hand weapons weren't really a thing until, like, Kunark or something? The original Thulian Bladed Claws were slashers, too. For this reason the whole idea of hand-to-hand weapons never really caught on with me. In my mind if you're using weapons it's not hand-to-hand anymore. lol...

It's just a free weapon for the monk. They never have to worry about having terrible weapons. I mean... I'm not ruling the idea out. It's just something that made sense to me.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
Orc Centurion

yea i sorta agree with the need for hand to hand weapons. you tend to miss out on the extra stats the others classes seem to get. i know it says the stats of armors and such are doubled for monks but i do not see the strength portion doubled when i equip a item with strength on it. but so far the only thing i see doubling is armor points. the skill caps on hand to hand are capped at the same place other classes weapons skills seem to be capped as well. where like in Everquest monks was originally the only class that could go above 200 in hand to hand. the loss of the extra two slots makes it rougher to boost our magic find and exp find as well as gold find as high as the other classes. although i think all hand to hand weapons should be limited to things like handwraps or brass knuckles or weapons of them in type. as i agree other wise they are just slash weapons.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:37 pm
The Purist

I support a type of handwrap. While it doesn't have a damage / delay, it just contains stats. I'm very happy with the speed / damage scaling of hand to hand for monk and I'd hate to take that away but missing out on the stats is a big deal.

Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:09 am
Site Admin

Implementing a whole new type of item would be a fair amount of work, but simply buffing their damage to compensate for no stats would be an option. Hm....

Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Orc Centurion

well since the monks h2h scales with levels couldn't you have innate stats on there hands that scale also like gold find magic find and exp find?

Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:18 pm
Site Admin

Yes... I'll put this on the list. Hmmm...

Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
The Purist

Mmm base attack / skill haste on hand to hand? 0 (lvl 1) - 25% (lvl 100)? It would make sense and more speed always = mo fun for a class like that.

For balance sake I don't know what hand to hand damage eventually scales up to. My monk is ~60ish and his fists are already probably the best weapon in the game (better than Ribcracker anyway, which might not be the best damage in the game but it's close).

Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:25 pm
The Purist

I ran some numbers comparing h2h damage to a weapon of similar lvl, I didn't really like the assumptions I used but the number certainly supports buffing h2h.

Then I logged on my monk (66), gave him some twink elite gear and gave it a run. He's a glass cannon pushing all of about 700 sustained dps with gear well beyond his own grasp. Similar lvl characters with more lvl appropriate gear are easily breaking 1000.

Short story, please buff h2h damage / stats, likely significantly depending on how it scales skill damage as well.

Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:56 am
Orc Centurion

ok I have done further testing on H2H i am noticing that at higher levels a weapon is still required by the monk class. the stat loss on magic find gold find exp find and other stats is just some of it. but when you consider the % mod when you upgrade a weapon that really tossed the damage of all your other skills upwards. that is something i do not see being able to make up percentage based boost really push things much higher much faster. so i think the need for weapon based hand to hand weapons is really needed i do not think scaling will work unless consideration to scaleing upgrade to found weapons is also taking into consideration.

Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]