View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
The official season 1 firsts thread 
The Veteran

Gratz! Some very nice gear on that pally!!

Hall of the dead:
DRIZZT - lvl 79 Dark Elf Wizard
Simona - lvl 74 Dark Elf Wizard

Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:44 am
Orc Warlord

I got multiple complete sets for the most useful ones, and individual pieces that are useful on most every build, like Grandmaster's Comity, and sorcerer + warlock rings. I got like 6 copies of. With at least 1 complete end game set for all of them except for a freaking Assassin's Guile. Its been trolling me for ages. Let me put it this way, I've gotten 2 characters to 99 and no Assassin's Guile (Amulet) dropped. I got 100+ MF on both and chained like crazy. Both my my characters are tied for the top combo spot. I went over that listed number, but for some reason, 8388607 appears to be the maximum number it will list. Does that particular number have relevance in some way for the same reason 255 was the cap in some older games?

https://nevergrind.com/leaderboards/?bo ... ss=overall

I think this might be the top combo, unless someone took a SC of a higher one. This wouldn't have been possible for me without a pause button. The combo rating is 14514816 but only lists 8388607. I know for a fact it doesn't record the real number, because I didn't do a combo that high on my enchanter, yet my enchanter is higher up on the list.

Roarak - Warrior level 99
Megidos - Necromancer level 99
Rykros - Magician level 98
Kuldera - Druid level 98
ProphetMuhammad - Cleric level 98

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:30 pm
The Veteran

I have an Assassin's Guile- using it on my hc shaman - if a trade system ever gets implemented I'll give it to you! But you'll get it to drop before that, I guess...
...me,I've yet to get the Staff of Sentoth :(

Hall of the dead:

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:21 am
Orc Warlord

vezio wrote:
I have an Assassin's Guile- using it on my hc shaman - if a trade system ever gets implemented I'll give it to you! But you'll get it to drop before that, I guess...
...me,I've yet to get the Staff of Sentoth :(

I've only seen 1 staff of sentoth drop in my entire time playing. I remember a couple others who said they couldn't get one to drop either. I don't think its RNG, I just think its a considerably rarer than the average unique item.

I've played Shaman up to level 68, got him geared out, and I'm not too impressed with where he's at right now. Shaman to me plays like a nerfed version of an Enchanter. Nothing really new or interesting there for me. I'm probably gonna try Ranger or Bard next.

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:45 pm
The Veteran

crimsonchaos wrote:

I've played Shaman up to level 68, got him geared out, and I'm not too impressed with where he's at right now. Shaman to me plays like a nerfed version of an Enchanter. Nothing really new or interesting there for me. I'm probably gonna try Ranger or Bard next.

Can't comment since I've played an Enchanter only at the beginning and I didn't like it that much, so I haven't given him another chance (yet)... Shaman otoh felt nice from the start and didn't lose its fun all the way to the end - focusing on Dots or melee or a combination of both, depending also on what gear you get. It has fair dps and good survevaibility, even moreso since you can leech off of DoTs.
...but you've tried it up to lvl 68, so it's fine if it doesn't suit you, everyone likes a different playstyle 8-)

As for the Staff of Sentoth, I too think that some pieces are far rarer than others - maybe it has smtg to do with lvl req., the higher the rarer? Not considering that it needs higher lvl mobs in order to have a chanche to drop in the first place.

Hall of the dead:

Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:21 pm
Orc Warlord

Level 68 is about where I decide whether I'm going to continue with a class or not. Its high enough level to equip the best gear, and max out 3 skills.

But yeah, I sorta agree that Shaman started out kinda good, but enchanter got a massive boost in DPS in the higher levels. Enchanter scales better in the higher levels.

Chaos flux and gravity flux are both very good. Chaos flux does % based HP, or a set minimum amount on the fall which seems equal to the first hit, whichever is higher. Gravity flux is the same way but everything on the screen is guaranteed to take fall damage. This helps a lot in quickly dispatching champs/rares during chains. Enchanter can get up to +6 hits on auto attack, has enchant weapon which adds a bit more damage to the auto attacks as well. My enchanter can do 25-30k DPS in the gear I got equipped. FYI, I don't like the staff of sentoth + warrior set on enchanter, because they have to give up a ton of cast speed on % HP based spell casts which have the potential to do a ton of damage on champ/rare mobs. Warlock's dagger attacks very fast with no attack speed buffs, and enchant weapon does a flat amount of damage, so although the melee attacks are a bit weaker than staff of sentoth + warrior set, they're still quite strong, yet my cast speed is more than x2 faster. This is why I weighed in favor of not using the staff of sentoth. I did about 22k DPS with the staff of sentoth setup, which is still very good. Besides, I only got 1 staff of sentoth, and the staff + warrior set is far better suited on paladin than on enchanter because paladin can equip plate without any penalties.

The charmed mobs with enchanter can be very strong, but they're not consistent. They can be spam attacking mobs for multiple hits and wrecking stuff, and then suddenly they just stop attacking for no reason I could figure out. But if you get a frenzy + vicious champ spam attacking targets you can almost sit back and watch as the bodies hit the floor. I weighed on the side of not focusing on this simply because its not a consistent source of DPS. If I get it, great, if not, then no big deal.

Paladin is a good HC class. They're pretty tanky as long as you don't bite off more than you can chew. The only reason I died because I was 5 pulling before I really had the gear to survive that onslaught. Someone playing HC wouldn't make a mistake like that. Paladin can easily handle 2-3 mobs with mediocre gear. All the worst boss fights where you get jumped by multiple mobs are easy fights for paladin. I went sword & board until I got a staff of sentoth.

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:09 pm
Orc Warlord

Warrior is one of the highest DPS classes by far, only second to maybe Monk.

Sustained DPS falls between 30-34k depending on the mobs. My warrior is in my sig.

I tested several different end game weapons. Grandfather, Serrated Blade of War, Archmage staff (yes it has 102 power), Staff of Sentoth, Flamebelcher. The gravelord's crescent seemed to barely nudge the others out. But any of those weapons would be a viable option.

I experimented with a sword and board setup, and skills like shockwave, slam and pummel can do a lot of damage. I used an Axe of the Phased Dragon + Crusader shield, and shockwaves were doing crits of 117k-120k per hit, and it double hits at 20 skill. Slam did about 50-60k. So sword and board setup is definitely viable, the only problem with shockwave is its so strong, you're likely to wipe the screen out and end your chain. Shockwave might be the single strongest attack in the game with the right setup. I don't think any other attack has the ability to hit for up to 250k vs everything on the screen at once.

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:41 pm
Orc Warlord

I just got my 4th character, a warrior to level 99. I think I got the most level 99 characters. Hallowed Gavel of Pharmakos is the best weapon for warrior, and probably SK and ranger as well. Its a pretty rare drop, about as rare as a Staff of Sentoth. I've only seen 2 drop in my entire time playing the game.

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:42 am
Orc Warlord

The first level 99 necromancer, Megidos. Viciously raped my way to 99. Necro is pretty solid with the right gear setup. Crazy DPS.

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7