View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Talents... 
Gnoll Commander

Hey all,

Got a quick question for the Rebuke 20 point talent bonus. Can it hit the same target 5 times, or will it only hit different targets?

I'm trying to work out a build in my head, I'm level 22 now without spending any points. It's been painfully slow as Paladin... I think Yaulp should be a lower level skill, or the other skills need some more damage. I've never really been afraid of dying yet, even when I end up fighting a rare mob for 2 minutes. :lol:

If Rebuke can hit the same target 5 times, I think I might max Rebuke, Yaulp, Holy Might, Greater Healing, and Divine Providence maybe. I haven't ever seen Divine Providence so I don't know what that does, but the 20% skill haste is pretty tempting alone.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:24 am
The Epicurean

I played a Paladin to level 21 without ever having played NG.
This evening I just played a Druid to 13, and the difference in leveling speed is astounding. It would have been even more dramatic if I hadn't kept accidentally killing the last mob.

Pally leveling should be slow. I haven't played enough classes yet to know if it's TOO slow.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:24 am
The Purist

trentjaspar wrote:
I played a Paladin to level 21 without ever having played NG.
This evening I just played a Druid to 13, and the difference in leveling speed is astounding. It would have been even more dramatic if I hadn't kept accidentally killing the last mob.

Pally leveling should be slow. I haven't played enough classes yet to know if it's TOO slow.

That's two ends of the spectrum, pally probably still needs buffed (I haven't actually played it since it was buffed) and druid is probably the easiest class to level early on. Wait till you get 20 points in tornado.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:27 am
The Legend

I agree. I think the base damage of the paladin skills could use higher co-efficients across the board. The 20pt Rebuke and Vengeance talents provide big dps boosts (perhaps too big of boosts) from the added effect but the base damage is still low. Other than that, I haven't leveled one high enough to give a fair assessment but it's a very fun class to play.

To answer your question, Rebuke's 20pt bonus hits all targets once. I find it useful for chaining. Pull the next mob and strike the low hp one with Rebuke as the new mob attacks you.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:48 am
Gnoll Commander

Got another question, for Ardent Judgements 20 point bonus...

I just hit level 32 and got Flash of Light, this is stated as being a Daze, does the 20 point bonus on the talent above work with it since it states Blind?

Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:31 am
Gnoll Commander

Um, I think Vengences' 20 point bonus miiiiiight be bugged.

It's around 70% of my damage every pull. It's by far and away better than every other talent for the Paladin, and I think every other talent should just be picked to support it, like Yaulp, Holy Might, Flash of Light+Ardent Judgement.

Granted, this only puts me at the killing speed of some other classes. But it feels weird how good this one talent is.

EDIT: Ahem...

[video]http://fat.gfycat.com/VelvetyQuestionableGopher.webm[/video]

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]