View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Cash Shop: Ideas, Recommendations, Discussion. 
The Gourmand

We originally began a discussion similar to this in a different topic and I felt it should probably have a discussion thread all of it's own. I'm curious to see everyone's input including Mael's of what types of things he could potentially develop and put in an item shop for sale to encourage people to purchase crystals.

I'm Coping my own posts from the other thread to here to get the ball rolling.
Quote:
Let's start a thread. I've been thinking about it for a little while now and have a discussion on things that we would like to see in a "Player Shop" if Mael developed and put one in place. Do we want items that make players more powerful? Do we only want items that have no direct gameplay? Could Mael develop and sell add on classes and races similar to DDO, or even new campaigns that would allow players to take different leveling paths as not to go the same route every time? Do we have a special leaderboard for "Guardian" characters that people could upgrade to Similar to Adventure Quest. This would allow people to level quicker, but their board would be separate from the non-guardian board, etc.

There's tons of room for expanding how people invest money into a game. Depending on the content and bonuses I'd also even consider a subscription for a dedicated amount per month as long as Mael continued to pump out content.
----
On Top of this, do we want to see an upgrade option for elemental bonuses. Example you can either purchase a token, or spend 100k+ gold to add on a bonus to your weapon or armor to either resist or cause more damage with your weapons. You know what I'm just going to start a thread.

So let's talk about this. What would you pay for. IE. How can Mael get into your pocketbook without you freaking out? I know you're already addicted so let's begin developing something.

Warlock Corpse -Dark Elf Necromancer

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:00 pm
Site Admin

How about postage for sending items to a mailbox :o

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:07 pm
Profile WWW
The Legend

Maelfyn wrote:
I don't want to try to run before I am walking here. I think I need to slow down a bit, take a deep breath, and simply appreciate that everything appears to be working very well, including the Stripe transactions. Very few one-man armies could pull something like this off. It's my duty to provide enough self-evident value that the site will fund itself without even trying. Once I wrap up the kickstarter rewards, I can focus on the next round of improvements such as "The Nevergrounds", integrated chat, mailboxes, trade/AH and whatever else we think would be fun to add.

I would be very surprised if the site didn't fund itself with features like that. And even if it didn't generate revenue, it would be very easy to reuse that code in future browser games.

I appreciate your sentiment Maelfyn. You're being prudent about managing the game's community. We're excited about the game you've put together and want to see it continue to grow.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:18 pm
The Veteran

I would be willing to pay something for some method of sending things to another person. We were both moaning about the lack of gear (or our terrible luck with the RNG) and trying to get through hell on our SKs and so if something decent dropped that the other could use, well I could keep it in my bank for the time that one of my alts levels up but..

Maelfyn, don't let us pester you into rushing but do know that we love and appreciate the time and effort you go to!

Z

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:41 pm
The Legend

Just to repeat our conversation last night:

Sell some resurrection pots. Gain a back lost exp after a death. No one cares at the low levels, but when grinding out the last few levels the xp loss on death hurts. It's certainly nothing game breaking nor required, but I am willing to bet people will happily pay crystals for it.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:28 pm
The Veteran

Mael, give us more bank slots!! I'll gladly put a lot of crystals into that! So many cool uniques I had to vendor...
Think about Path of Exile - you were referring to it in the other thread - their most sold items in their shop are stash tabs (normal,premium,bundles), by far!!

On the xp recovery scroll/potions, I'm not too excited about it right now;I'm not against it in the future,but since would be almost mandatory to hit lvl99 in sc, I'd at least postpone its implementation after the "first to reach 99" is accomplished with each class. But since I'm not actively competing for it, take my opinion for what it's worth ;-)

Hall of the dead:
DRIZZT - lvl 79 Dark Elf Wizard
Simona - lvl 74 Dark Elf Wizard

Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:45 am
Site Admin

Vezio: that's some serious shit right there. I have been checking bank slots and the average player is a SERIOUS HOARDER! When I'm awarding legendaries or infinite loop rings I often cannot find an open bank slot to put the item! lol :D

You also make a good point about implementing certain features at different parts of a season. This is also something I have been thinking about. A feature like resurrection pots would be unfair in the heated early stages of a season... but something people wouldn't really care about in the latter portion of a season. I think it would be smart to restrict certain kinds of rewards in the early, highly competitive phase of a season.

I also thought that selling items could work, but only AFTER the competitive phase when people would like to experiment with crazy equipment.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:51 am
Profile WWW
The Veteran

I would happily pay for mail and more bank slots omg. Yes hoarding - but for twinkage! Which is more crystals because more toons! Which generate more kit! For more twinkage.... it never ends.

...... what is the max number of toons you can have, by the way? Asking for a friend. /cough

Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:44 pm
Site Admin

Well... i think 16 will be the max for... eternity? Unless some amazing reason comes about. You can always make two accounts.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:29 pm
Profile WWW
The Gourmand

At least until we can convince you to add more Race/Classes. Otherwise we would need a way to bond accounts so we could share a crystal pool.

Warlock Corpse -Dark Elf Necromancer

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:16 pm
Orc Centurion

Seconding bank slots/bank pages
Race change for existing characters

Will think of more as time progresses....

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:23 pm
The Legend

With the current rates it costs fewer crystals per inventory space to roll new characters and store items on them.

70 crystals buys 9 bank slots
150 crystals buys a new character with 24 inventory slots

imjustsayin

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:25 pm
The Legend

How many crystals to buy an auto sort button for my bank?

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:26 pm
Site Admin

Problem is... how would you sort it, exactly?

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
The Legend

Depends how the game recognizes the items. Are you able to easily reference the following item properties; slot, lvl requirement, and name? I was thinking the sort function would evaluate all your items in the bank, orders them first by slot, secondly by lvl requirement, and third by name. With an ordered list it then shuffles the items around to place them in that order.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:56 pm
Site Admin

It could possibly happen. It will cost $4.99 per sort!!! Limited time only! Buy today!

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:58 pm
Profile WWW
The Legend

What a steal! Much cheaper than a clan of ice goblins to guard my treasure hoard.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:03 pm
The Hero

I'd much rather have like 5 tabs I could buy.. then I'd sort it myself!

What would be helpful is if the item isn't useable give it a red background or grey out the item. That would help SO much with the current system and really speed things up for trying to find stuff you can use on a character.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:17 pm
The Legend

Hey that's much better than my dumb idea.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:24 pm
Site Admin

Ultimately I will probably do a tabbed bank, but at first I'm going to be a supreme lazy ass and just make it one giant scrollable bank.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]