View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Kerpple in Hell 
The Veteran

Stoopid question alert!

Got further than I ever expected with my wiz - amazing fun :) I wouldn't say it's been trivially easy but I've managed to make it all the way through to Hell without significant frustrations; some of the bosses a little hairy but got through them with maybe a death or two.

Now I've run into a brick wall. Kerpple just mows me down like grass. He brings two tough friends who summon pets and I'm a goner in seconds flat. First couple of tries I was under level so I went and levelled up and came back - no difference.

Question: what do? Is there a strat? Is it just my gear isn't that awesome (yet)? Do I need to L2P? /grin

Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:04 am
The Purist

Kerples two adds is unique to Kerple and makes him incredibly tough. Given how wizard mitigation works (mirror image) the two adds I imagine is rediculous.

In general, kill the adds first. They are likely more dangerous than the prince himself. Otherwise RNG is a big factor. If he pulls two rares sporting frenzy and nasty auras just start running or wait to die. Hope he pulls two normal enemies and if they are wizards they don't chain cast.

Good luck!

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:09 pm
The Veteran

Just barely done it, it's a really tough fight, my strategy was to hit with my heavy AoE (comet,meteor, shock bolt) as soon as the two adds spawn and summon their pet, killing the pets and 1 summoner right away, then deep freeze the prince and kill the other summoner, then manage a one-on-one fight with Kerpple. I barely made it, using mirror images whenever possible and ice block.
I have Shock Bolt,Lightning,Glacial Spike and Vizeriej(?) Shield to 20. 50% reduced cooldowns on ice and light spells plus mirror images is mandatory for Hell imho.

The guide in this subforum helped me a lot too!

Hall of the dead:
DRIZZT - lvl 79 Dark Elf Wizard
Simona - lvl 74 Dark Elf Wizard

Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:06 pm
The Veteran

OK thanks it sounds like I'm on the right track then, just need to keep plugging away til I make it through :) Agreed about the reduced cooldowns, I have those, I'll put on yet a few more levels to get Viz Shielding up to 20 and give it another go :)

That frog is gonna die!

Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:45 am
The Veteran

Hell fights with more than one enemy are really hard as wizard, even if they're all regular mobs.
The fight vs the Ice Giant unique duo right before Matron Maelentia was really intense, had to manage my spells/cooldowns really carefully to overcome them ( at my second try); Maelentia was a pushover in comparison...

Hall of the dead:
DRIZZT - lvl 79 Dark Elf Wizard
Simona - lvl 74 Dark Elf Wizard

Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:58 pm
The Veteran

Turns out I basically got really unlucky a bunch of times with rare adds - eventually he spawned with two normals and it was (relatively) a straightforward fight. Oddly I didn't have all that much trouble in ice land, but now I keep getting double ambushed with rares in fire and it's hard going. Stun-stun-stun-dead. ~sigh~

And then I forgot about the skill cap thing, logged in, started fight, launched nuke and got a sort of little *phwee* instead of the expected *BOOM* and panicked ;) Training has now eaten all my gold.

Sat May 02, 2015 11:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]