View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Quality of life suggestions 
Gnoll

Add more control to the item filters. There have been times where I've wanted only set items, or only elite items with no level req, or only items with either no level req or a level req above 60, or I've wanted green items of any quality but also elite uniques.

Allow us to set an auto attack for the primary, spammable attacks, or have it so holding down that key repeats the attack.

Add an upgrade slider so I can do 1 upgrade or 7 or 10 all at once.

Add damage breakdown by source (or skill) in addition to type; there were times I wanted to know if I should focus on skill haste or attack haste but couldn't decide because auto attack damage is folded in with physical damage in the fight summary.

Have life leech and mana leech pop up in red or blue splash numbers above monsters in addition to regular damage.

Add timers to buffs and debuffs under my health and my opponents health.

Show how much damage I mitigate through absorption, defense, reflect (if that's a thing), reduction, and resistance by adding something like "soandso hits you for 45 (-10) points of damage" to indicate I would have been hit for 55 if I were naked. You could make the extra information a toggle in settings.

Let me know how much a monster mitigates or resists my damage, maybe like the format above or by adding a percentage next to my damage: 354 (45%), to indicate that my damage was 45% of its potential and I would have hit for 787. This could also be a toggle in settings.

Display my currently equipped item when I hover over another item in my inventory for comparison.

Add the % speed reduction I would incur if I equipped an item out of my weight class next to the armor class. You could plop it right next to the red font "Leather Armor".

Thanks for reading!

Mon May 18, 2015 6:34 am
The Veteran

I second the first 3 QoL suggestions, in particular the improved loot filter - and iirc Mael said in another thread that was working on it...

Hall of the dead:
DRIZZT - lvl 79 Dark Elf Wizard
Simona - lvl 74 Dark Elf Wizard

Mon May 18, 2015 8:52 am
Site Admin

Fun ideas. I'll work on it when I get a chance.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Mon May 18, 2015 10:43 am
Profile WWW
The Artificer

"Have life leech and mana leech pop up in red or blue splash numbers above monsters in addition to regular damage."

there actually used to be popups for this. got super spammy, but i sort of liked it.

"Display my currently equipped item when I hover over another item in my inventory for comparison."

try holding down the Shift key while hovering over an item in your inventory. ;)

Mon May 18, 2015 3:01 pm
Deathly Harbinger

It would still be nice to see them side by side instead of having to go back and forth. If I'm not careful I hit the sticky keys limit and get a pop up hitting shift back and forth.

Revenant Snugglepuppy Cuddlekitten
Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Last edited by Hentaihero on Mon May 18, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 18, 2015 3:37 pm
The Legend

You can disable the sticky keys shortcut in your control panel.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window ... n-windows/

Mon May 18, 2015 3:59 pm
Gnoll

Activity! Awesome!

Thanks for the added input everyone.

Also add your own QOL thoughts!

Tue May 19, 2015 2:20 am
Gnoll

As a fledgling Bard player, I second the buff duration timers, that would be incredibly helpful.

Thu May 21, 2015 9:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]