View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Where's Vasekab? 
The Veteran

Something missing from this picture.....

Edited to say - he appears to be hiding/hanging out in the upper left, off screen. I've noticed occasionally enemy pets go there. He still seems to be fighting okay though :) Just shy.

Tue May 19, 2015 9:12 pm
Site Admin

Do you know when this happens exactly? It's probably something specific causing it.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Tue May 19, 2015 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
The Veteran

I don't, I'm sorry. It's the first time it's happened to one of my own pets, and it's only happened maybe two or three times for others (and I think maybe once on a gnoll). The screen is usually busy at the time, but I have no specifics.

Like I said - it doesn't seem to make any functional difference, it's just a bit.... weird. (And a bit wtf when your pet or spell goes haring off to hit something you can't see). Zoning did not fix it - resummoning did (as you'd expect).

Tue May 19, 2015 9:44 pm
The Purist

I think it has to do with when you zone. You can actually pull mobs and use skills before the zone loads. Thus, you pulled something and sicked the pet on it before it moved into the screen. Pet got lost and didn't come back.

That's my theory. I don't think I've had pet get lost but they do go off screen sometimes.

Wed May 20, 2015 4:48 pm
The Veteran

I don't disagree, but in this case I was just sitting in wherever-that-was working through the quest mobs. And when a chain ended I was like... there's something missing from this picture..... :) Finished the quest with the pet offscreen, zoned, pet still offscreen, pulled a mob, no difference, resummoned and new pet appeared in the correct place.

Thinking about it though it's possible that my pet attacked an enemy before the enemy had popped fully? (Potentially something that got the edge of an AE as it spawned?) And then got stuck? That's a bit enthusiastic of my pet but..... plausible!

Wed May 20, 2015 5:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]