View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
A bug and a suggestion or two. 
Gnoll Commander

The bug:

When the game is paused in combat, the DPS/DRS meters still count down, so if you're paused in a combat situation for a prolonged amount of time your dps will show a miserable amount. It's a minor problem, but it may be an issue to some nonetheless.

The suggestions:

Coloured names for Elites/Bosses, not just when they're selected. This shows that they're special at a glance. Could be an icon instead.

Icons leads to the second suggestion. This may get overly cluttered, but I think limiting to unique or important properties this could be beneficial. Icons above/below the enemies name indicating a specific property. For example; if the enemy is chromatic, a small rainbow shield. If the enemy has a haste aura, a boot with speed blur. I'm sure you'd be easily able to think of appropriate icons, if the idea is feasible.

Lastly, icons lead to the final idea. An encyclopedia of what all the various names/icons of the enemies abilities mean. This may be more appropriate for the wiki, but having it in game might look nice. Have it in the theme of a lore tome perhaps. Some of the names may be confusing to some. Conviction Aura for instance. We know that it means it lowers enemy resistance, which happens to be the player to your foe. But perhaps not everyone is aware of this.

In closing, I don't know if these ideas are thematically appropriate, too cluttering, too casual, etc. They're just quality of life, but perhaps people don't want the game to be made, allegedly, easier. I also didn't actually check to see if these ideas have been suggested/implemented already. So apologies in advance if that's the case. Just had a couple of ideas knocking around my brain.

P.S. Should enemies have capitalised names? I noticed bosses do, but not regular mobs. Colours/icons could differentiate between their different tiers if necessary. Also, do some enemies need to say "an" before their name? I just thought that would already be implied :P

Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:58 pm
Site Admin

Regular mobs are not cool enough for capital letters. I kind of like the idea of colored mob names. That might be a UI improvement... could be similar to the item color system:

White = Normal
Blue = Champion
Unique = Rare
Boss = Legendary (orange) or red?

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:13 pm
Profile WWW
Gnoll Commander

Yeah, that's right. I was just thinking of Diablo II again. Certain enemy abilities could change the appearance of the enemy, change its colour, or just have a small aura at its feet. Could get cluttered if it has several though. My experience so far is limited to normal, so I don't know how hectic these things might get at higher difficulties. Diablo II had cycling auras to deal with that, but that may or may not be a solution here. Clicking on the enemies isn't really hard, but helpful at a glance info is always nice if it's not overwhelming.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:18 pm
Orc Warlord

Color coded monster difficulty would be cool. I still don't understand the difference in the health bars. Seems to be champions, bosses, elites, rare spawns... They all die though and give me there phatty lewtz.

Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]