View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Some ways to revamp Shadow Knight. 
Orc Warlord

Shadow Knight is as it stands is a little bland to play. I know in Final Fantasy series, there are Dark Knights and they use moves that use a % of their HP bar to inflict damage to their foes, and something like that might be neat for Shadow Knight. Other melee classes have moves that build their bar up, while other moves that expend them. Well, Shadow Knights bar could be HP. You can have moves that leech, and then moves that use % HP, but cannot leech HP. Death Strike and life tap can be your leech attacks, as well as whatever leech you get from equipment that applies to auto attack crescent cleave. And Gasping Frenzy and Harm Touch can be your moves that cost % HP to use. Maybe lower the CD of gasping frenzy to like 6 secs, but it costs 20% HP, and harm touch cost around 30% with a 20 sec CD.

Roarak - Warrior level 99
Megidos - Necromancer level 99
Rykros - Magician level 98
Kuldera - Druid level 98
ProphetMuhammad - Cleric level 98

Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:36 am
The Legend

Aren't SK the most popular class played here in Nevergrind?

I am sure suggestions are always welcome, but "bland" and #1 class choice doesn't make sense!

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:42 am
Orc Warlord

#1 under what circumstances? It was the first class I picked, but after playing several other classes, it leaves much to be desired. I suspect a lot of others picked it as a first class, but that doesn't mean its without serious flaws, IMO. As things stand right now, SK burns its CDs and then you're left with a ton of down time in between attacks where you do nothing but mash crescent cleave. This could be improved.

I got pretty decent gear on my level 83 SK, and it can't even reliably push 5k DPS in chains, and that's with one of the best 2h swords in the game. Because most of the time is spent tapping crescent cleave because CDs are burned.

http://nevergrind.com/nevergrounds/inde ... r=Rathdaar

That same gear on my Monk and he can dish out 15-18k DPS. And Monk can keep cycling through different attacks unlike SK. I've given SK more than just a test drive, I played and tested the class thoroughly with tons of talent point resets to test different skill combos, etc.

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Last edited by crimsonchaos on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:05 am
Deathly Harbinger

Most popular doesn't mean most played to any specific level or for any specific amount of time. 90% of them could all be level 1s.

Revenant Snugglepuppy Cuddlekitten
Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:08 am
Cephalid Subverter

Must be nice to be able to pull 5k damage in chains. Not all the classes can do this. Not saying Shadow knight don't need a buff but some other classes aren't able to put up those kind of numbers either.

Last edited by Cuddles on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:38 am
Deathly Harbinger

Lol, 5k.

Revenant Snugglepuppy Cuddlekitten
Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:39 am
The Legend

I just think other classes need some love first. Wiz and Mage come to mind.

Have you tried playing a Wizzie in Hell yet? Go pop 2 mobs at once and tell me how that works out for you, let alone trying to actually build any kind of combo counter.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:00 am
Goblin Captain

Yeah wizards are just fucking bad. Not only can they not combo, their single target dps is lol compared with most autoattacks.

Wiz was my first class. I wanted to do a mage but from what I can tell I would just want to slam my head into the keyboard over and over.

Beasting - Enchanter

Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:35 am
The Veteran

I've cleared Hell with my Wiz, but that was before the Charged Bolts nerf, that hit hard- imho too hard, Wiz are supposed to be glass cannons, don't take the gunpowder away Mael ;)

On topic, I agree that SK - and mages - could use some love. I like Gasping Frenzy the way it is, perhaps buff Creascent Cleave ( one way could be to make it do more dmg the more %life you have...)or reduce some skills' CD.

Hall of the dead:
DRIZZT - lvl 79 Dark Elf Wizard
Simona - lvl 74 Dark Elf Wizard

Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:15 am
Orc Warlord

Jysen wrote:
Have you tried playing a Wizzie in Hell yet? Go pop 2 mobs at once and tell me how that works out for you, let alone trying to actually build any kind of combo counter.

I beat hell mode with a Wizard. My 95 wiz was pushing 45k with the nerfed charged bolts w/mirror images, and there was room for improvement as far as gear goes. So yeah, wizard post nerf could stand still and do nothing but use charged bolts every 4 secs and still do double shadow knight's DPS. If I was to throw chain lightning+meteor+ice comet while pumping static bolt, it would make SK look like even more of a joke. My wizard never had a problem taking out two mobs on the screen at once. I had to beat multiple boss fights where I had 2 bosses on the screen or boss + 2 adds, in Prince Kerpple's case it was him + 2 champs and I still won it. SK is worse than Wizard, IMO. The highest level SK is only 97, that's because they're slow as hell at killing stuff even with BiS gear. Wizard's excuse is because they can't chain very well, but SK isn't exactly optimized for chaining either with all that single target DPS and huge CD's.

I ended up deleting my level 95 wizard, because I found necromancer to be better overall. Necro can actually get some chains going into the 30-50+ range, but ultimately they'll run out of mana at some point. I was only going to stick with 1 caster, and necro has superior tools to Wizard, IMO. The bone spirit fireball is what makes necro pretty solid.

vezio wrote:
I've cleared Hell with my Wiz, but that was before the Charged Bolts nerf, that hit hard- imho too hard, Wiz are supposed to be glass cannons, don't take the gunpowder away Mael ;)

Yeah, charged bolts was wacky. With the old charged bolts, a geared out wizard could easily do 80-100k+ range with mirror images stacked on a 4 sec CD.

Kuldera - Druid level 98

Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]