View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Deleted kickstarter items. 
Skeleton

I just started playing this game yesterday. I've been trying out different races and classes. Today I created a hardcore character, a Wood Elf Ranger. I got into the game, took my Kickstarter Ring and Trinket from the bank and equipped them. When I saw that the Trinket replaces my character's bow as a ranged item I thought to myself, "Well this is stupid. How is a 'trinket' considered a ranged weapon and what good is a Ranger without a bow?" So I promptly deleted that character and rerolled a new class. When I reentered the game I found, to my surprise and dissatisfaction, that my Kickstarter items are now permanently gone. I understand how Hardcore and permadeath work, however, I shouldn't permanently lose content in a game that I paid for before I even get to use it. Granted, it's sort of my mistake but a mistake that occurred simply because I overlooked the fact that losing my paid backer items was even remotely a possibility.

So, the question becomes how do I reinstate my lost items and how can something like this be prevented in the future? I suggest an auto-return feature of some measure for special items of this nature. Either flag the item as undestroyable and automatically return it to the bank upon character death or deletion, or disallow the deletion of a character until the items are removed and deposited in the bank. Although the second probably wouldn't work if the character is already dead because how do you remove items from a dead character in hardcore? Perhaps a button in the game somewhere to reclaim lost special items would suffice.

**Hall of the Dead**
Generic Savior - 96 - Druid Halfling
Kal Torak - 96 - Wizard Erudite
Apeiron - 96 - Druid Halfling
Snatch Bandit - 92 - Ranger Half Elf

Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:49 pm
Site Admin

Hello and welcome! This is something I have not considered and it hasn't come up until now. I can assist you with this when I get home. I think you're right—an automated system to reclaim those special items is a good idea. In fact, I think it would precipitate the need for a mailbox system, a feature which I have been planning though I have not yet implemented. The mailbox would check for lost special items and then you would be able to click it to receive it in your bank... I think that would be a good idea.

Until that is automated, I will have to restore these items manually.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Skeleton

Thank you for the quick reply. This mailbox feature you are planning sounds like just the thing to remedy this issue. I'll simply have to be more careful going forward until an automated reclamation system is in place.

**Hall of the Dead**

Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:48 pm
Site Admin

And the Kickstarter trinket was definitely an oversight that slighted Rangers. If I did it all over again I would make it an amulet. I can make it an amulet if you'd like...

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Deathly Harbinger

You can go ahead and toss me all the Kickstarter stuff too C:

Revenant Snugglepuppy Cuddlekitten
Outrider Dogna Stormwolf
Knight Isthar Ironbane

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:10 pm
Skeleton

Maelfyn wrote:
And the Kickstarter trinket was definitely an oversight that slighted Rangers. If I did it all over again I would make it an amulet. I can make it an amulet if you'd like...
Heh, no special treatment needed although it would be nice to have it as an amulet. That's entirely your call as I'm not sure how the rest of the community will feel about that. Unless you're making it an amulet for everyone. Besides, I honestly don't think it's really necessary in my opinion. For one thing, Ranger skills still work without a bow. Secondly, sure the trinket replacing the bow is a minor inconvenience early on, but I'm pretty sure it becomes rather moot later in the game when the unique and set items start outclassing the backer items anyway. With or without the small convenience of the kickstarter items the game is still playable and immensely enjoyable. Trinket, amulet, ring, belt, whatever the item type it is really a non-issue :)

**Hall of the Dead**

Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:12 pm
Site Admin

Amulet it is.

Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]