View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Nevergrind Wish List 
Gnoll

I've played EQ live for 4 years. After that I was a emu junkie! Thats how I found this actually. Mozsis is spot on with the crafting and with the social aspect, things will really keep people around. It is very much a niche game and it fills it perfectly.

As a fan of diablo style games this is part and parcel of that as well. I can not see a reason why it would not appeal. If anything the lack of a two player aspect would be the only downfall.

I also think the loot tables are a little off, if and only if this is the only means for gear. If there were to be a way to breakdown certain gear for items to help with upgrades that would fit nicely IMO. On my enchanter I have a bank full of uniques. No yellows or blue, they are just vendor fodder. If I could break any class of them down for a similar class upgrade component, there wouldnt be a waste and it would create a gold to component ratio that would keep me playing even longer! Yes I like pushing the crafting aspect, but hey it is a good portion of any MMO :lol:

Once again great job, keep it up. You will see a kickstart pledge from me, and I'll stick around to see how this all turns out.

Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:55 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for all of the constructive feedback guys. I believe I can implement all of these great ideas in time. It will be exciting to see it come to life over time. If you haven't watched the ancient video from 2012, it really makes me laugh to see how far the game has come.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOFAcKEAtz0[/video]

I think you guys have convinced me to implement crafting components. I think even a simple system that converts uniques into currency would work pretty well. Perhaps you could buy them using gold, too? Just an idea. I could probably turn the component breakdown into a simple magic/rare/unique/legendary component system used to craft other items. That way there's a sort of slot machine/Skinner Box aspect to breaking items down.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:28 pm
Profile WWW
Gnoll

Wow!!! You really have come a long way!

Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:42 am
Site Admin

Monks were the only class that had any skills. Everyone else auto attacked at this time. lol

Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:51 am
Profile WWW
Gnoll

Is there any plan to add "block" as a defensive ability? I would hate to ask for something that wasn't in original EQ, but I always felt it was a glaring oversight. Having shield as nothing more than armor stat is just wrong :) Sorry, I have a shield fetish :/

Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:24 am
Site Admin

You're full of great questions! I actually considered adding a block mechanic. Basically it would take the defense value of your offhand item, shield or not, and convert that into some sort of damage mitigation when using a block skill. This would obviously be on the skills-everyone-has bar. It could be on a global cooldown like a skill and you could mash it repeatedly. My only concern is.... rebalancing the entire game. I'd have to make everything harder. But it would add an interesting dynamic to the gameplay.

Uh, maybe in the expansion? lol

Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:00 pm
Profile WWW
Gnoll

Maelfyn wrote:
You're full of great questions! I actually considered adding a block mechanic. Basically it would take the defense value of your offhand item, shield or not, and convert that into some sort of damage mitigation when using a block skill. This would obviously be on the skills-everyone-has bar. It could be on a global cooldown like a skill and you could mash it repeatedly. My only concern is.... rebalancing the entire game. I'd have to make everything harder. But it would add an interesting dynamic to the gameplay.

Uh, maybe in the expansion? lol

To took this totally to another level! :) What you propose would have been beyond amazing but I wasn't asking for any active blocking. Simply having a "block" percentage associated to a shield. So when you do your mitigation/parry/reposte calculation, you add another step for block chance. Lets say shield combined with your blocking skill has 10% chance to block an attack. You do that random "roll" to see if attack was blocked (this would usually be before any mitigation calc). As I said before, until this game is released I will not be making suggestions that add too much work :)

Edit: Of course later you can add "active block" skill(s), which in your code can simply increase the baseline block chance.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:37 pm
Gnoll

I like the mix you have now. Honestly, the best part of this game for me and the reason I'm playing is it's browser based so I don't have to install something on the work computer. For a browser game you've polished it very well and hit a good "grind this!" feel. I wouldn't even begin trying to compete with the D2 clones (Torchlight, POE, etc). I think you've hit a sweet spot with what you have here.

Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:15 pm
Anuran Sentinel

Took a peek at the leader boards and noticed a Human Shaman. That was the once class humans couldn't be in original EQ.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:09 am
Site Admin

Yeah, not quite going for an exact classic EQ setup. After all there are Halfling Paladins and Dark Elf Rangers.

Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:18 am
Profile WWW
Orc Pawn

one thing i would like to see is a way to lock the skillbar. if there is one already, i haven't been able to find it.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:51 pm
Site Admin

I'll add it to the list... though it might be easier to use the keyboard to avoid accidental dragging. (1-10)

Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:58 pm
Profile WWW
Orc Centurion

Few things I would like to see:

1. Maybe some sort of Avatar options? (I know it's kind of shallow but I do like to see an Avatar.. Maybe an option to upload a pic on my own if I desire to?) I'm not talking about a full 3d rendered Avatar like EQ (or even classic EQ for that matter) I'm talking about just a facial pic of some sort

2. More sound effects (specially more music for combat, zones, etc.. If you need help with I do some music sampling and I would love to help)

3. I did not like the fact that every class can wear every armor type.. While allowing freedom of choice it makes things kind of useless because it effects equipment (i.e : Plate armor suited for monks :S while leather armor suited for paladins..) I understand that equipment stats are probably some what random.. But maybe there's a way to restrict the stats to be more beneficial to the class which suppose to wear that armor (I.E leather armor with hand to hand stats or something)

4. Side quests? Something even repeatable that will allow you boost you char between hard zones?

5. Buff/debuff timer.. I actually should've asked this first.. I would love to know how long does a spell last when I'm casting it on an enemy target.. Or know how long before the fear spell that a necromancer casted is going to last...

6. Class balance? We have to remember that games like EQ (especially classic EQ) were based on group interactions.. So.. with that being said, some classes were made to be more group friendly (bards, clerics, rogues) While other were meant to be more Soloable when needed (Necros, SK, Monk, etc..) Now, due to the fact that it's only solo (excluding pets) game it would be wise to balance the classes skills a little more that it would be possible to run through the game more or less equally with every class... Unless, what you were trying to aim for is that some classes are meant to be more difficult so when people beat act 4 with them they could actually feel they achieved something.. If that was your aim then please disregard everything written on this paragraph

P.S I believe that when you will implant chat system and maybe a trading and grouping possibility you'll also add the options for guilds?

What are you ideas about PvP? Since I am aware that EQ was more into the PvE scene rather that PvP, but still..

Love this game and really hope you'll get the 4k you need ;)

Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:14 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback... yeah there are a lot of things I would love to add to this game. If I had the budget I'd add all kinds of stuff. Believe me.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Orc Pawn

one thing on my wishlist would be a 'compare' feature, so you can have the item tooltip of 2 items up side by side to compare the stats of the items. makes it easier to decide which tasty piece of loot you'd like to equip

Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:03 pm
Orc Centurion

Another thing.. It's more of a question really. Is it possible that when I see in the chat the message when another players finds a unique item or higher that I'll be able to see mentioned item's stats (whether by clicking the item or by hovering my mouse over it, don't really care) and maybe where the player got the item from?
something like:

"RemoSegrop has defeated _________(Boss/Mob name) And found the rare(unique etc..) item _________ "

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:34 pm
Site Admin

Yeah, it's definitely possible. It's just low on the priority list right now.

Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2