View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Reddit circlejerk [+rant] [badgrramar] [manytags] [muchwow] 
Goblin Warrior

So i stopped regularly reading some subs because i know they will jerk around this exact thing every day..

Fitness - CURLS IN SQUAT RACK / SQUATS
mmorpg - LET'S ARGUE WHAT I THINK I CONSIDER P2W
tifu - A MINOR EVENT OF BAD LUCK HAPPENED TO ME
twoxchromosomes - I WAS OPPRESSED WHAT NOW
minecraft - LOOK AT MY SHITTY BUILD

It's so tiring, for a few times i read the fitness weekly rant threads and had lots of laughs, but now everything i read is the SAME.. Always about some guy who does something in a squat rack that isn't squats.

On twoxc every day you find the usual rape thread, the morality issue, sexism in society, in need of help.. Which is good i guess but not entertaining.

On mmorpg they keep shitposting about how every single mmo is bad, which isn't far from truth but they fail to be objective and let their emotions do the reviewing. Then there are people who say that a free mmo isn't p2w because it's like any other, aka p2w.. Then there are people who deny facts because EVERYTHING IS POSIBRU! ..

On minecraft posts with a funny but shitty build get a ton of upvotes and really good builds are either not even posted or they get just a few upvotes..

I somehow managed to heavily entertain myself these days by reading a light novel about an rpg world.. I never thought that it would be so much fun.. I read like 30 chapters in a few hours, i only have like a third of it left and now i'm having a bad feeling because i know i'll run out of reading material..

But damn i remember a few years ago when i was watching TV and said to myself, heh these movies are awesome, i'll never watch kid cartoons again.. Heh this anime not so bad huh, oh wait there's even better anime out there? Heh i'll never read manga, crap i like manga too now. Holy shit it has some advantages to anime. Kay i'll never read fantasy books. And it gets me to a few days ago where i started reading this novel "So what if it's an rpg world?". I can't believe how many years in my life i spent not realizing i can like so many things..

I loved the whole mystery feeling of a new world, the comedy, the grinding, fighting, socializing etc. It reminded me what i loved about rpgs, the mystery especially, oh i wish someone makes an mmo with actual mystery in it.. I bet it's possible to produce randomized new content, just hard.

Meh i ranted too much xD

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:43 pm
Site Admin

I have a lot of qualms with reddit, but I still find myself posting there as it's still provides a diverse offering of perspective and discussion. I find that it's much better to stick to subreddits with less than 100k subs as there's less group-think and generally less moderation and shadow banning going on.

Even some of the large ones aren't too bad. Askreddit is a big one, yet it still provides a lot of interesting stories.

Btw, maybe I'm just getting old, but I cannot get into Minecraft. Maybe I just need to sit down in survival mode and figure it out or I'm not going to be able to relate to my kids. lol

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

It's sort of my dream to make a game like EverQuest. But I have no idea how to code a 3D game. Maybe in 10 years. I don't know. Obviously it would have to be a much simpler version with a smaller scope, but if I could make something like that I would be very pleased. Working on Nevergrind has been good practice to make something more ambitious. Who knows. Maybe a badass 3D library will come along for the web that will make it an achievable goal.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Goblin Warrior

I got into minecraft when it wasn't considered a kid's game.. Focus was on building and making adventures for others mostly.

And yes i'd like to be able to make games too.. I'm too scared to even start learning to code though..Maybe one day.

Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]