View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Oct 2013 - Monthly Development Updates 
Site Admin

10/1
- Finished Necromancer spell animations.

10/2
- Fixed up some Magician button images. The pet buttons were not colored correctly.
- Started Magician skills.

10/7
- Finished Magician skill animations.

10/8
- Wizard skill animations are almost done. Still need to come up with a way to do chain lightning without it looking like shit.

10/9
- All class and racial skill animations are done. I also went back and touched up several that looked le crappy.

10/10
- Put some of the first sound effects in the game. Blackburrow's gnolls feature some of the sound effects. For now the rest have a generic male human sound.
- Fixed a bug that caused champions to never appear 8)

10/11
- Added a ton of new sound effects.
- Mob spells now take longer to cast.

10/12
- Continued adding sound effects.
- Changed how Paladin's Repudiate and Warrior's Shockwave look.

10/13
- Canceling spells is no longer instant. SORRY 8) But it was like that in old EQ too.
- Added spell/skill sounds for warrior, rogue, monk, and cleric.

10/14
- You can now cancel casting pet spells.
- You no longer gain casting skills if you cancel the spell.
- Added spell/skill sounds for ranger, SK, druid, and paladin.
- Added a volume level control instead of a simple on/off.

10/15
- All class sound effects are done.
- Added ambient background noise in some zones.

10/16
- Life leech and mana leech items now work on 100% of hits, but the effect is mitigated compared to what the tooltip indicates.

10/18
- Life and mana leech no longer trigger a popup due to the incredibly spammy nature of leeching constantly. It still works, but the popups went away.
- Redid the interface a bit. Still looks like crap 8)
- Redid how monster attributes are allocated. Might notice some differences. Might not. Either way it saved a ton of memory.

10/19
- Summoned pets' level is now determined by your conjuration. It is no longer determined by your level. This means that possible pet level caps have been increased if your items take you above your classes's conjuration cap.
- The Pet Attack Toggle has been changed to a button to set your target's pet. They will no longer mirror your target. They will attack the target you specify until it is dead.
- Added attack haste, skill haste, and casting haste to the character sheet.

10/20
- Added elemental resistance and vulnerability messages to the mob's trait window.
- Fixed the auto attack option. Skills will now correctly re-enable your auto attack.
- Increased the ambush rate if you are in zones too low for your level. Not so important now, but it will be when there's a map.

10/21
- Considered using original EQ item images instead of WoW images, but it would require a considerable redesign of my interface. Might do this some other time.
- All classes now start with a spammable skill, including casters. The level you unlock the skills were adjusted slightly accordingly.
- Added some more sound effects for pure melee classes.
- Warrior's frenzied rampage can be used regardless of global cooldown status.
- Lowered the cooldown of several key DoT spells.

10/22
- Reduced Magician's Reclaim Elements cooldown from 60 to 30.
- Changed how mobs are added to combat. At most you will only ever endure one second of "Add Monster" cooldown to prevent double taps. I think I got rid of all the bugs here, but I doubt it! If a mob starts to summon a pet and there are 3 mobs in the fight, and then you hit Add Monster before he finishes, the mob will not finish summoning and will instead summon later when one of the mobs die.
- Monk's Stone Fists has been converted to a skill called Stone Fist Reversal. It will reverse all physical attacks for 3 seconds. BAD ASS!
- The chat log will now flash red when you are ambushed.
- Physical and magic mitigation items now indicate that they mitigate UP TO their maximum value. It will not remove the stated value every time. It is random, so in reality it's more like half of the value indicated.

10/24
- Finished EQ item sprite sheets. Let me know what you think. I can tweak it if you think it sucks 8)
- Enchanter and Bards' haste spells now affect their charmed pets as an automatic aura. WOOHOO!
- Enchanter's "Enchant Weapon" buff now affects their charmed pets as well. YEAH!
- Camping is now INSTANT.
- Some simple proc animations have been implemented.

10/25
- Implemented the website's first AJAX feature. The server now tracks what characters enter the game and some of their statistics.
- Added Erud's Crossing to the game.
- Fixed tooltips for enchanter's alacrity and enchant weapon.
- Fixed tooltips for Bard's Anthem de Arms.

10/26
- Finished background images for all cities.
- Added all cities to the map.
- Acquired all classic EQ music in the format I need (ogg).

10/27
- Added music to every zone where appropriate.

10/28
- Random battle music has been added. It will play on every combo achieved divisible by 5.
- Added the froglok king to the rare table. Not sure how he was left out!
- Added rank system to the forums.
- Bank is now only available in cities.
- The town menu is now visible along with an NPC to greet you. Nothing works yet.

10/29
- Got some sleep IRL. It was glorious.
- Fixed bugs reported in the forums, though unable to duplicate some.

10/30
- Added Training feature to the town. It is cool.
- Slowed down the leveling of all skills to be more like classic EQ, but not quite as insanely slow. It slows down more at higher levels.

10/31
- Added a wiki section to the website
- Fixed a bug that caused indoor status to be set improperly. This affected the game's rain and snow.
- Upgraded how rain and snow look. Should be less laggy and look much better.
- Fixed image preloading... I think?

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:24 am
Profile WWW
Anuran Assassin

man the sound changes everything, It really has made the game bring me back to the good ole day's of eq.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:10 pm
Site Admin

Yes! I felt the sound really changed the game!

Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Anuran Assassin

Wow I'm loving the pet class changes. And the stat added to the char sheet. Keep up the excellent work

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:12 am
Site Admin

I check the forums ten times per day for your motivating feedback ;)

Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:21 am
Profile WWW
Anuran Assassin

Hehe I wish I could play more then I am now. Work, and my hobby that I would like to make my job have been keeping me busy. I am checking the game's updates and playing because I definantly support the quality your bringing to the game.

I think changing your pets level to your skill is awesome. It allows mage to become the power house they should be. At some point I think it would be great to add class only gear that would stat the mage conj slightly higher then necromancer. Though I also think the necro would need to recieve a bonus to their dots from evocation. That way it would even it up more between the two conjuration casters.

I say that because there are some really crazy Conj bonus specific gear there. Which makes them both well matched, and with necro's dots being conj based, it still makes the necro more powerful.

or I might be talking out my mind.

Have a great day sir, can't wait to see more.

Edit: I also wanted to say I really like the new interface, also the instant ability everyone has now, really ramps up the speed of game play, also makes me use abilities I stopped wasting mana on before. Also I like the volume. I think if you are able to at some point to work in the eq gear graphics it would be cool, but understand the process you would have to undergo.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:55 pm
Site Admin

Yes, I do plan to replace the item pictures with EQ pictures. I recently got a hold of everything I need, so they will be pixel perfect. On the down side this will necessitate smaller icons because they are 40x40, not 64x64. So that will require some considerable redesign.

I'm glad you like the changes! I thought they were good ideas too 8)

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Obviously nixed the 40x40 tiles. Stuck with 64x64 and used GIMP to sharpen them a bit.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Anuran Assassin

I think they look good. I have only gotten one piece so far, but I think they look great.

Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]