View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 1:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Post crap skills here 
Site Admin

My design goal is that I want every skill on the bar to be useful. If you have a skill on your bar that you think is crap, post it here. Already acknowledged: Paladin's Yaulp.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
Orc Centurion

OK I <3 U (no homo) for listening to my rants. Paladin Vengeance should also get a look at. The majority of the time my goal is to make the largest chain possible until I finish the quest I'm on. If I'm to do this i'm always on top of my hp and mana, so my life never gets low. Even if it did get low the damage from vengeance (tooltip) isnt that much better than purge. I've never seen the mana absorb higher than 18 which, depending on equip, might not even be higher than mana per tick. So the skill has a 16 second cooldown, provides similar damage to purge (spammable), and has a small mana leech (I have 900ish mana). I think perhaps with two skills to work with (yaulp and vengeance) you can give the paladin some flair because right now they're like a rock. Hard, strong, dependable and if I get thrown I can mess up one mob (no aes!), not super interesting though : ). I'll save my armchair development though ; p.

Thanks

Just

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:46 am
Gnoll Commander

I have been waiting for this one :)

Ranger: no changes

Necromancer:
- Detonate Soul: time bomb which goes off after 3 seconds. If it kills the target, it does about 2-3 times the damage to all other mobs. I like the idea and it fits in the theme, but it is nearly impossible to land correctly. It does very low damage and since necros fight with Dots, it is next to impossible to have it make the finishing blow. I would recommend changing in one of two ways.
1. Debuff that lasts for 10-15 seconds. If the mob dies in that time, then it can do a large amount of damage to all remaining mobs. While this would make it functional, it seems that in later levels, it would still be limited. At level 48, I find myself facing one mob at a time and pulling after the first is getting close to dying. So it would be used to kick off damage to the next mob and to clear pets.
2. Same effect as above, but it would be used to extract life force from the mob (gain HP/Mana) for caster and possibly pet. This would give more sustainability in longer fights and would definitely help in later boss fights which can spawn 3-5 mobs. This option would be my personal preference since it really fills out the necro theme more. Lower damage, but constantly draining life from the death of his enemies.
- Other skills seem good on the necro, but I do have to say it seems much lower in power level than other classes like the Ranger and the Bard. One idea might be to allow hp/mana leach items to work through the pet. Possibly have him split the HP gained and give all mana back to the caster.

There is a definite need for more balancing in the other caster classes, but I will need to play them up a bit more to get a better idea. It may be tough to get solid feedback on them for a bit since no one really plays them. I just realized that my level

Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:54 am
Site Admin

Yeah I was really a little insane when I designed detonate soul. The window is way too tight.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:39 am
Profile WWW
Orc Centurion

<3 THE NEW YAULP. I'm a death machine for a few moments, it definately is better than before : ))))

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:12 am
Gnoll

Bond of death feels kinda weak for a 2min cd skill.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:28 pm
The Artificer

no complaints for SK skills... i find myself using all of them. at first i thought Resist Cold could add more resist, but it seems to be scaling up decently with level.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]