View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Enchanter > Charm icon drops even when perma-charmed 
The Purist

Lvl20 Alacrity talent makes charm permanent, when charm would normally run off the icon disappears. It disappears anyway, I'm guessing on the reasoning.

Edit: I can afk all day and icon doesn't drop so it must be something else. I'll do some more testing another time.

Side note, lvling enchanter to 36 was about the most tedious thing I've done in this game.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:58 pm
The Legend

TadaceAce wrote:
Side note, lvling enchanter to 36 was about the most tedious thing I've done in this game.

I had a completely different impression. The class has a sort of quirky charm to it that's fitting to an enchanter. The Chaos Flux knockup makes me smile. Especially when a lucky string of procs causes the mob to never return to the ground. I also like how charm works in this game. Find a Frenzied Champion mob and you're unstoppable. When the aoe stun and gravity flux are ready, I pull extra mobs and nuke them all. Overall I felt the class has a very fast pace to it and one of my quickest characters to get to Act 3.

Why did you feel it was tedious?

Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:15 pm
Site Admin

It may have been tedious, but think about how much character you built! Sounds like an easy fix. The icon probably gets the original untalented duration applied. I'll have to fix that.

YouTube | Facebook | Discord

Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:17 pm
Profile WWW
The Purist

SeismicRend wrote:

Why did you feel it was tedious?

The charm mechanic is really interesting because it completely changes the way the game is played. With that said, I think enchanter could be an awesome character.

However, up until lvl 36 his dps isn't very good (even with an elite dagger) and doesn't have a single source of healing (mystic rune doesn't do much). I was trying too much to chain abusing charm, that double edged sword of never leaving combat might have done more harm than good.

Also, the whole armor penalty thing in general is just brutally unfair to casters, the only difference between cloth and plate is armor and in reality the stats are the important thing. This means casters will always have worse gear than their counterparts because they get to choose from a quarter of the gear pool. I'd hate to see every class being able to use only one type of armor but the current system is pretty brutal.

Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]